Sign in to follow this  
Paulie Dangerously

Match parking

If you can be bothered with the walk, parking on Bank Hall by the station, or on Stanley Road at the bottom of Fountains Road, works just fine (depending on what direction you're coming from of course....)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Going to be driving to the United match, where can you park for free these days? Are the Iceland and aldi capparks still out of bounds? Can you still pay an urchin to pretend to mind a car? 

Free parking is rarer than hens teeth on matchdays. You've generally got to be outside the 'match zone' at Anfield to park for free so roughly a mile away.

There are some free parking spaces nearer the ground and Id imagine you'd have to get there 2.5 to 3 hours before kick off to bag a space. These free spaces tend to be one side of the street by a church or school. Try Richmond Park by the church.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Going to be driving to the United match, where can you park for free these days? Are the Iceland and aldi capparks still out of bounds? Can you still pay an urchin to pretend to mind a car? 

Big game Buick. 

• Upvote 1

We always park on sheil road and walk up - takes barely 15 mins to walk up and by time walk back after traffic is eased and its dead handy for getting out to edge lane.

• Upvote 1

Aldi and McDonald’s on Walton Rd are out now. You’ll deffo get a ticket. Me, Jules and Dave all pay to park now, annoyingly. 

We used to park at the Asda on Utting Avenue, buy a few bits and bobs like water and chocolate and walk up the hill to the ground. Never had any issues, but this was at least 2 or 3 years ago.

53 minutes ago, sir roger said:

We used to park at the Asda on Utting Avenue, buy a few bits and bobs like water and chocolate and walk up the hill to the ground. Never had any issues, but this was at least 2 or 3 years ago.

It's now a maximum stay of 3 hours and I think £70 fine. I always parked there so it's fucked me up.

4 hours ago, derykw said:

It's now a maximum stay of 3 hours and I think £70 fine. I always parked there so it's fucked me up.

There's free on road parking at the end of Townsend Ave where it meets Pinehurst Ave by the Clubmoor football pitches. But you have to be mega early to bag a place as its only 10 to 15 cars length I think.

On 05/04/2022 at 19:10, sir roger said:

The streets around there are all permit free so you can park there and walk up. 15 minute power walk or 20 minute stroll. I do it all the time and then fly down Utting, through Norris Green, Croxteth and Gilmoss to cut out the traffic on the Lancs.

• Upvote 1

I always park in the vicinity of Newsham Park. Helps in avoiding Queens Drive - I almost wrote 'the Drive' there, but I didn't want to be labelled a try-hard OOTer. 

• Upvote 1