You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Golf - The Masters 2022

Bjornebye

This would be a good time for Viktor to try and finish inside the top-10 in a Major, which I read earlier he has not yet done. 

The last 30 winners of this have all been by players inside the top-30 of the world rankings when they won it. So don't be wasting your money betting on outsiders for this.

Along with The Ryder Cup this is the golf tournament I enjoy the most. 

Quiet working week so I’ll have a few little bets. I’d like to see Rory win to erase his Augusta demons so I’ll avoid backing him. 

Not the worst sporting weekend ahead either. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Along with The Ryder Cup this is the golf tournament I enjoy the most. 

Quiet working week so I’ll have a few little bets. I’d like to see Rory win to erase his Augusta demons so I’ll avoid backing him. 

Not the worst sporting weekend ahead either. 

I'd quite like to see Mcilroy never win another tournament, that would be nice.

• Upvote 3

Looking forward to it, my favourite golf tournament along with The Open.

I’ve done the following bets:

Dustin Johnson to win

Xander Schauffele to win

Paul Casey each way

Joaquin Niemann each way

Interesting stat I heard the other day was that of the last 17 majors, there’s been 14 different winners with Koepka and Morikawa the only players to win more than one. 

Three reasons to dislike Mcilroy.

1) This 

Twitter reacts to Rory McIlroy and THAT outfit at Old Trafford today

2) Snubbing that kid an autograph at Hoylake after winning the Masters and then bringing Man U into the first sentence of his victory speech. The fact that that other whopper Poulter defended him just doubled the distaste

3) Saying a few years later that him getting a similar autograph snub off Roy Keane as a kid made him never want to snub anyone who asked him for one. Well...

Anything on the same course every year and a restricted field shouldn't be named as a major. I might watch it if I can but it's my least favourite 'major' golf tournament. I'd love a black or non white player to win it and done a pair of shorts and a tee shirt saying 'Women Rule and There is No Such Thing as God.' Then take a shit in one of the bunkers.

• Upvote 1

Just tried to find a picture of Roger Mellie shitting in a bunker at a Pro Celeb event with Jimmy Tarbuck, and proudly noted that the number 2 search on google ( the first is a Peter Cook cartoon on youtube of it ) is a post of mine on here from 2009.

I’ve got a pic of me and some mates stood in a bunker after McIlroy won at Hoylake. I turned up to a golf tourney in combat shorts and flip flops but it’s still one of my favourite pictures. 

I was meant to be in Amsterdam this weekend with my bird but EasyJet cancelled our flights last night because they’ve got loads of people off with Covid. I think BA are having similar problems. Got everything refunded so it’s all good and on the back burner, so now I’ll be parking myself in front of the telly all weekend watching the golf, the National and the match on Sunday. It’s boss that Tiger’s gonna play. Imagine…

Straight tenner on Hovland to win. 

A few £1 e/w and £2 e/w bets on Patrick Reed, Paul Casey, Abraham Ancer and Seamus Power. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve got a pic of me and some mates stood in a bunker after McIlroy won at Hoylake. I turned up to a golf tourney in combat shorts and flip flops but it’s still one of my favourite pictures. 

I was meant to be in Amsterdam this weekend with my bird but EasyJet cancelled our flights last night because they’ve got loads of people off with Covid. I think BA are having similar problems. Got everything refunded so it’s all good and on the back burner, so now I’ll be parking myself in front of the telly all weekend watching the golf, the National and the match on Sunday. It’s boss that Tiger’s gonna play. Imagine…

Straight tenner on Hovland to win. 

A few £1 e/w and £2 e/w bets on Patrick Reed, Paul Casey, Abraham Ancer and Seamus Power. 

Isn't Langer 1000/1? I'm off the betting but that's got to be worth a quid e/w punt. Only because of that arl bastard Tom Watson winning me a few hundred at the Open (should have been a lot more if he didn't fuck it up) 

I'm still fuming at that was about 14 years ago. 

I bet you were like Andy Dufresne emptying the sand out of all them pockets. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Isn't Langer 1000/1? I'm off the betting but that's got to be worth a quid e/w punt. Only because of that arl bastard Tom Watson winning me a few hundred at the Open (should have been a lot more if he didn't fuck it up) 

I'm still fuming at that was about 14 years ago. 

I bet you were like Andy Dufresne emptying the sand out of all them pockets. 

That was a great Sunday of golf though. Was it Harrington who beat him in the end? That’s the kind of drama you want on the Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

That was a great Sunday of golf though. Was it Harrington who beat him in the end? That’s the kind of drama you want on the Sunday. 

No. Ushers mate the walking cueball Cink in the play off.