You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which set of tossers would you prefer to finish 4th this season?

Redder Lurtz

47 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

I wouldn’t ever say United we’re not going to be a threat.

Unlike most of the other top four contenders, they have the money to keep throwing at their problem until they get it right.
Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side.

You’re probably right but I find it funny how people have been saying ‘make the most of it, they’ll be back before long’ since Moyses’ season as The Chosen One. Nearly a decade.

That’s true and I’ve been one of them, but the truth of it is that more and more the seriously monied clubs have bought their way to the top in all of the leagues in Europe and dominate them most of the time.

The exceptions are few, but we have been one (even though we’re hardly skint) and united’s relative demise has been fun to watch, but their owners can and will carry on buying managers and players until they get CL football as a minimum every season, which will mean that they, City and possibly Newcastle in the future will be occupying three of the four places that the PL currently qualify for.

We’re all enjoying the ride that FSG and Klopp have been giving to us and hope it goes on for several seasons yet, however from a financial capacity, we’re on a par with Arsenal, Tottenham and perhaps Chelsea now, not the previously mentioned three.

I’m really trying to be realistic rather than a doom merchant, but I seriously don’t see United scrabbling around again for nearly 30 years until their next title given their financial clout.

If West Ham make it, it’ll be hilarious comparing them to Everton. 
But I’d be just as entertained at United fans who thought Conte was too high maintenance and they were better off with Rangnick. 
As I loathe West Ham’s owners, that means Spurs. 

1 hour ago, Ron B said:

If West Ham make it, it’ll be hilarious comparing them to Everton. 
But I’d be just as entertained at United fans who thought Conte was too high maintenance and they were better off with Rangnick. 
As I loathe West Ham’s owners, that means Spurs. 

Conte would have been a great manager for United so I'm glad he chose Spurs.

• Upvote 1