You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Liverpool 2 Watford 0 - Match Reaction

tlw content

The Reds briefly went to the top of the table after an uninspiring but largely stress free win over Roy Hodgson's Watford. It wasn't pretty but a 12.30 kick off following an international break is rarely conducive to flowing football so goals from Jota and Fabinho were just what the doctor ordered.

Chris Smith is joined by Julian Richards and Paul Natton to pick through the bones of this one and look ahead to Benfica in midweek as well as casting an eye towards the huge fixture next weekend at the Etihad.

View full article

• Upvote 5

Excellent lads.

Confession time, I'm taking Chris's offer. It's not about anything other than correcting the wrongs from our last title. These players and management team deserve to celebrate with the fans, if guaranteeing that means writing off the CL I'll sign for that.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Excellent lads.

Confession time, I'm taking Chris's offer. It's not about anything other than correcting the wrongs from our last title. These players and management team deserve to celebrate with the fans, if guaranteeing that means writing off the CL I'll sign for that.

I'm not, because as I understood the question that would mean us losing to City in the final and I can't be doing with that at all. 

If the offer was us winning the title but losing to Bayern in the semi and they went on to win the final, I might at least consider that (before rejecting it and just seeing how the dominoes fall). Losing to City in a Champions `league final though would be worse than missing out on the title to them.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, dave u said:

I'm not, because as I understood the question that would mean us losing to City in the final and I can't be doing with that at all. 

If the offer was us winning the title but losing to Bayern in the semi and they went on to win the final, I might at least consider that (before rejecting it and just seeing how the dominoes fall). Losing to City in a Champions `league final though would be worse than missing out on the title to them.

In all walks of life I'm usually a roll the dice type. I'm never like this and can't understand why I would even consider it. I guess I'm approaching this from the point of view that City aren't real anyway, anything they win is meh.

• dave u unpinned this topic