You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benfica (A) - UCL Quarter Final 1st leg, Tue 5th Apr 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

I have always quite liked Benfica as a club, but that Jorge Jesus is a complete wannabe Soprano cunt.

Done us a solid in 2019 in the build-up to the Champions League victory that season.

Neil Jones has penned an article on goal.com about how Benfica helped us out.

• Upvote 8

44 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I did the stadium tour and they have a statue there of him with 2 European Cups. The guide said they got a priest to go to his grave and try to exorcise the curse. 

To be fair to the bloke, you are the first team outside of Real Madrid to win it. Then you do it again. And all of this on top of 2 league titles and a domestic cup in a 3-year stint. 

If th tight bastards running the club didn't deem that amount of success to be worthy of a pay rise, then nothing would ever be good enough. 

15 minutes ago, A_S said:

To be fair to the bloke, you are the first team outside of Real Madrid to win it. Then you do it again. And all of this on top of 2 league titles and a domestic cup in a 3-year stint. 

If th tight bastards running the club didn't deem that amount of success to be worthy of a pay rise, then nothing would ever be good enough. 

The FSG of Portugal?

• Upvote 1

Be nice to put this to bed tomorrow. Doubt it will happen but would be very handy with the fixture pile up. 

Still don't get this no away goals. I think they should count unless it goes to extra time as its far to much a advantage in ET

10 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

2-0 to us will do me. If we rattle a lot of goals in, I start getting jittery we wont score in our next game and I dont want that for Sunday!

Hahaha. I'm glad I'm not the only utterly irrational nobhead who worries about using up our goal rations.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Hahaha. I'm glad I'm not the only utterly irrational nobhead who worries about using up our goal rations.

Same here. We stuffed Palace 8-0 last year and then lost at Anfield 6 games on the bounce.  
3-0 here and then 2-0 on Sunday would suit me. 

13 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Be nice to put this to bed tomorrow. Doubt it will happen but would be very handy with the fixture pile up. 

Still don't get this no away goals. I think they should count unless it goes to extra time as its far to much a advantage in ET

No away goals is another absolute wank change of rules. We'll just see even more pen shoot outs. Utter bollocks.