You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Personal news

dave u

On 01/04/2022 at 11:01, dave u said:

So you will probably know that I've not been around much in recent weeks and that I have had some of the lads fill in for me on pods and match reports. I didn't elaborate on why that was as the situation , but the last four weeks or so have been a complete nightmare.

Firstly, my mother-in-law passed away suddenly. So we were dealing with that but what I didn't know was that my mum was also really ill but had kept it to herself. The week of my mother-in-law's funeral, my mum had to be rushed into hospital. We weren't allowed in to see her for four days as she was in a&e because there were no beds in the ward she needed to be on. We were eventually allowed in because she took a bad turn and they didn't know if she would survive the night.

She did, but it was touch and go and she was in ICU for a few days, where we were allowed to see her an hour a day. Initially there was some faint hope that they might be able to get her well enough to come home for however long she had left, but as hard as she was fighting she was in a really bad way and there were too many things going wrong with various organs.

She was on a ward for a bit but for the last week me and my dad have been living in the hospital room they gave her. My dad was there virtually 24 hours a day but their dog is blind and deaf and can't go to stay with anyone else so I would go back to their house throughout the day to look after the dog while my dad stayed with mum.

Yesterday morning when I was on my way back from sorting out the dog, my mum passed away. She wasn't breathing when I got to her but she had been seconds before, so maybe I got there for her last breath, I don't know. My dad was there though, which was the main thing to me. 

It would have been harrowing in any circumstances, but it's been even more difficult because I haven't been able to be there for Gail after she lost her mum. We can now help eachother through our losses and also make sure my dad is ok. 

For the time being I'm going to be leaning on the lads to keep things going on here with the pods and match reports, but I expect I'll be back soon as my mum wouldn't want me to be moping around for long.

There are lots of things I want to say about how all of this went down, specifically the unforgivable negligence of her GP and the heroics of the NHS staff in Fazakerley, but that's for another day.

Just wanted to let you know why I haven't been around and why I'll be away for a bit longer. 

Condolences to u and ur missus Dave. I know a little bit how u must feel as I lost my dad from cancer at the start of covid and couldnt fly in for his funeral.

I've only just seen this thread.  Dave, I'm saddened to hear of your sudden losses. I guess there are plenty on here who have experienced the loss of a parent or parent-in-law, but to lose two so close together is exceptionally cruel. I hope it gives you some comfort to know we are keeping you and your family in our thoughts. 

I thought I spotted you outside the ground on Saturday (I probably didn’t) and was going to come over and say hello. I only saw your thread when I got home. My heart goes out to you and both your families. Life can be so cruel. 
Look after yourselves and each other and if there’s anything we can do just ask.

You will be in all of our thoughts 

On 01/04/2022 at 10:01, dave u said:

So you will probably know that I've not been around much in recent weeks and that I have had some of the lads fill in for me on pods and match reports. I didn't elaborate on why that was as the situation , but the last four weeks or so have been a complete nightmare.

Firstly, my mother-in-law passed away suddenly. So we were dealing with that but what I didn't know was that my mum was also really ill but had kept it to herself. The week of my mother-in-law's funeral, my mum had to be rushed into hospital. We weren't allowed in to see her for four days as she was in a&e because there were no beds in the ward she needed to be on. We were eventually allowed in because she took a bad turn and they didn't know if she would survive the night.

She did, but it was touch and go and she was in ICU for a few days, where we were allowed to see her an hour a day. Initially there was some faint hope that they might be able to get her well enough to come home for however long she had left, but as hard as she was fighting she was in a really bad way and there were too many things going wrong with various organs.

She was on a ward for a bit but for the last week me and my dad have been living in the hospital room they gave her. My dad was there virtually 24 hours a day but their dog is blind and deaf and can't go to stay with anyone else so I would go back to their house throughout the day to look after the dog while my dad stayed with mum.

Yesterday morning when I was on my way back from sorting out the dog, my mum passed away. She wasn't breathing when I got to her but she had been seconds before, so maybe I got there for her last breath, I don't know. My dad was there though, which was the main thing to me. 

It would have been harrowing in any circumstances, but it's been even more difficult because I haven't been able to be there for Gail after she lost her mum. We can now help eachother through our losses and also make sure my dad is ok. 

For the time being I'm going to be leaning on the lads to keep things going on here with the pods and match reports, but I expect I'll be back soon as my mum wouldn't want me to be moping around for long.

There are lots of things I want to say about how all of this went down, specifically the unforgivable negligence of her GP and the heroics of the NHS staff in Fazakerley, but that's for another day.

Just wanted to let you know why I haven't been around and why I'll be away for a bit longer. 

Sorry for your loss, take care. 

• dave u unpinned this topic