You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Eastern European Draft - Group A

Bjornebye

Eastern European Draft - Group A   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Favourite Side

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/03/22 at 10:58

Col

Solid players in each position, solid attack with the best player in the competition in there. 

Babbs

Another very good side, top midfield and attack.

Elite

Fuck sake, another good side. 

Babbs, just. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Col

Solid players in each position, solid attack with the best player in the competition in there. 

Babbs

Another very good side, top midfield and attack.

Elite

Fuck sake, another good side. 

Babbs, just. 

giphy (32).gif

Lubo Moravcik, Celtic 'Gift from God', opens up on infamous frosty reception from journalists - 67 Hail Hail

Lubo Moravcik was a bona fide legend in mainland Europe.

Zinedine Zidane described him as one of the greatest no.10s in football. Pavel Nedved, who grew up watching Lubo play for Czechoslovakia said “I was fortunate to play at Celtic Park in the same game as Lubo”

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Lubo Moravcik, Celtic 'Gift from God', opens up on infamous frosty reception from journalists - 67 Hail Hail

Lubo Moravcik was a bona fide legend in mainland Europe.

A bit strong for a player had managed one national player of the year award and who's biggest club proor to Celtic was Saint-Étienne. 

Didn't say he wasn't good at Celtic. But bona fide legend in Europe is a bit of a joke comment. You don't spend 6 years at Saint-Étienne in a spell where the highest they finished was 7th and by the time he left relegated where he ended up at Bastia by being a European legend. 

23 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Didn't say he wasn't good at Celtic. But bona fide legend in Europe is a bit of a joke comment. You don't spend 6 years at Saint-Étienne in a spell where the highest they finished was 7th and by the time he left relegated where he ended up at Bastia by being a European legend. 

I didn't type it, I took it from the article. If that's ok. 

You deleted the bit where Zidane and Nedved praised him. 

Babbs for me.

Col's side looks like a few players have been shoehorned in. No doubting that in Puskas he has the player with the greatest historical reputation in this group, but I don't get the same sense of balance as I do with the other 3 sides.

Stig's side is just lacking a ball carrier in the middle of the park, for me. Had Stig have gone for Stiliyan Petrov ahead of either Soldo or Tymoshchuk, then he'd be running Babbs very close for my vote. He has the best fullback pairing in the group for me, and a very solid defensive unit overall. The front line would certainly cause a lot of problems to other teams in this group too.

Babbs has a nicely balanced side with good players throughout and a World Class finisher spearheading the side. Blokhin wasn't bad either... 

Elite also has a nicely balanced side with quality throughout, though the one slight for me is how that front pairing might work together. Both traditionally have played alongside smaller hardworking/quicker partners.

I have to add that Boban is my favourite player selected in this group and he was right at the top of my own list for the number 10 role.

Based on the players I know I'd go for Col, I like his midfield. Stig could have been a contender, don't understand him shifting Stoickov out to the left wing and playing Kanchelskis as a right sided forward. It was all set for an excellent 442.

Elites side has a lovely balance to it, came close to voting for him. Babbs side isn't that good, Kinkladze is a 1990s Adel Taarabt. The rest of the midfield is just meh.