You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford (H) - Sat 2nd Apr 2022 (12:30pm)

Trumo

17 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I was at the Watford game, if my memory serves me right it was the first game of the Hyypia / Henchoz axis

Is this the game where Taylor's Watford scored against us by having 4 or 5 of their players stand in a huddle in our box for a corner, corner comes in, Watford players break in all directions and our defenders dont know who to pick up and they score with just about their only chance in the game?

9 minutes ago, suzy said:

I’m sure - has anyone mentioned we’ll go top if we win yet? Not for long possibly…

Probably not - but be nice all the same.

Not expecting any 'favours' off other sides v the cheats - if we are gonna edge them out then IMHO it is gonna have to be all our own work and that means beating the cheating nomarks at theirs next week and then going on to be uncatchable after that.

The cheats last 14 games v Burnley:

13 wins

1 draw

Are there any super optimists who genuinely believe we will do the  quadruple. You look at the fixture build up the intensity needed to do it its so easy to see why it's never been done. You can 100 percent see why it's near impossible to do when Abhu Dhabi exists and so much as dropping a single point is a major blow to a title challenge. Has there ever been a more difficult time to win anything domestically due to the city handicap.

8 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Is this the game where Taylor's Watford scored against us by having 4 or 5 of their players stand in a huddle in our box for a corner, corner comes in, Watford players break in all directions and our defenders dont know who to pick up and they score with just about their only chance in the game?

They had a couple of chances to make it two late on, but yeah that was mostly it.

It was early days of Geds reign, Hyypia and Henchoz were new, Hamamn was out injured for months after the opening day, Owen was injured etc.

Still should have won like, they were shit, I think we won at Vicarage Road later in the season.

4 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Nah mate, home regular and occasional aways for about 5 years. Stopped going regular in 02-03. Haven't been to a game since the Rodgers era, took my lad to a couple then and haven't bothered since.

No wonder you're such a miserable arl arse.

Things have changed.

Jurgen has asked us to sing. I am sure we'll deliver on that.

I have done a few vocal warm ups this morning. Had a good rest, a light meal and am raring to start. I am ready if he needs me to do a solo and I am really sure I'll excel but its about the whole crowd, not just me.

I mean mainly me, but the whole crowd a bit too.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Are there any super optimists who genuinely believe we will do the  quadruple. You look at the fixture build up the intensity needed to do it its so easy to see why it's never been done. You can 100 percent see why it's near impossible to do when Abhu Dhabi exists and so much as dropping a single point is a major blow to a title challenge. Has there ever been a more difficult time to win anything domestically due to the city handicap.

Well we've already won one trophy, so "just" the three to go! Easy?

I think Man City will steamroller Burnley, though. When people start talking about an upset, you just know they'll score a tap in after 4 minutes.

3 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

Did the Widnes Fenians LFC Supporters' group have a secret stash?

I just got an email asking me to be at the Dixie Dean statue 20 minutes before kick off to meet a man in a flat cap with a wink and a smile. I think the Park End is getting it.