You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford (H) - Sat 2nd Apr 2022 (12:30pm)

Trumo

When Carra was thought to have dragged his opponent down in the area in that derby game a few years ago, the blueshite were almost ready to march on the court of human rights and most of the media were screaming at the injustice of it. Jota gets spun to the ground like he's in a rugby match and suddenly it's just part of the game. And they accuse fans of being inconsistent!

48 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Some serious, and I mean serious, delusion on Watford Twitter. One of them thinks we played like a Championship team yesterday and we’re lucky to win….

We're in 3 competitions in April and have won almost every game in 2022, mostly managing games and conserving energy. Some football fans just don't understand the highest level. I don't blame people who watch a club like Watford for not getting it.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, gkmacca said:

When Carra was thought to have dragged his opponent down in the area in that derby game a few years ago,

Joleon Lescott - who was so, so unfortunate not to be awarded a penalty, given that he'd been awarded an uncannily similar one (backing into the defender before falling backwards and claiming he was pulled down) in a European game a few weeks earlier.

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

We're in 3 competitions in April and have won almost every game in 2022, mostly managing games and conserving energy. Some football fans just don't understand the highest level. I don't blame people who watch a club like Watford for not getting it.

Some of our fans said we'd have no chance of winning anything a few months ago.

Didn't they, Stacksy?

14 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yes, then we stopped conceding a stupid amount of goals and signed an expensive forward. Things thankfully change. 

Ahhhh. So basically, you expected things to stay the same.

Fair enough. The understanding of football isn't for everyone.

25 minutes ago, m0e said:

Ahhhh. So basically, you expected things to stay the same.

Fair enough. The understanding of football isn't for everyone.

Hehe, alright, mate.

We were not solid at the time and we lacked forward depth. We then bought someone for 50m and stopped giving away 2 goal leads.

Some people like me watch the games to make judgements. Other people use hindsight to win internet arguments. Sincere congrats from me on "winning" this one. 

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Hehe, alright, mate.

We were not solid at the time and we lacked forward depth. We then bought someone for 50m and stopped giving away 2 goal leads.

Some people like me watch the games to make judgements. Other people use hindsight to win internet arguments. Sincere congrats from me on "winning" this one. 

You watched the games and then judged the season.

And you judged it badly.

That's shown you have no foresight, and now you want to use hindsight as the justification.

I love you anyway, Stacksy.

You're one of the good guys.