You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Boot Room Boys (BT Sport doc)

Bjornebye

Thought it was wrongly titled and dissapointing tbh. Very little about The Boot Room and more about our winning things, with no boot room context. Maybe good watch for younger Reds but stuff I've watched for years. Nothing new. 

We do love a Homecoming though, nobody does it like us. 

9 hours ago, benwasmydog said:

Ok documentary but nothing new with insights into the actual bootroom and the thinking behind it. Just seemed to me like another cobbling together of great moments in our history that has been done before. Not even interviews with opposition managers etc. Disappointed.

That's what I thought. Enjoyed it but it wasn't really what it said on the tin. 

On 31/03/2022 at 21:18, Harry Squatter said:

I went to a reserve game against Newcastle at Anfield in 1984. My uncle was the manager and as me and my Dad were leaving we bumped into my uncle in the Main Stand car park. 

He had gone out to his car and seen us, I was 9 at the time and my uncle said "do you fancy a behind the scenes tour?". 

Didn't need to be asked twice, went in the dressing room which still hadn't been cleaned up (absolutelyreeked of deep heat), the physio room and down the steps under the Anfield sign. My uncle asked my Dad if he wanted a drink so we went into the Boot Room, possibly one of the smallest rooms in the ground. A couple of milk crates to sit on, loads of footy boots hanging up and a cupboard full of whisky. Also started laughing when there was a calendar with women with their tits out. 

A couple of the other backroom staff came in and Joe Fagan laughed and covered my eyes when he saw me looking at the calendar. He asked me what position I played in and at the time I wanted to be a goalie, he just told me to practice diving for low shots and get my angles right. 

Stayed about 20 minutes until my dad finished his whisky, they were talking about an away game with the first team and also saying European away trips were boring because no one went out and saw the place and just stayed in a room playing cards. 

My dad said I was unbelievably lucky as not even Ron Atkinson was allowed in there (but other managers were) and I should tell my mates in school the next day (none of them were arsed).

Always know that if I ever do the stadium tour or even meet all the players in the tunnel before a game it is never going to be better than that. 

Sammy Lee is your uncle? Boss! Did he feel weird going to Everton with Allardyce then or what? 

On 06/04/2022 at 00:10, Harry Squatter said:

It was OK. Thought there would be more emphasis on the coaching, continuity and how Bob Paisley became such a successful manager having served for a long time in the backroom staff.

Still wheeled out Alan Kennedy and David Fairclough to tell us the stories we've heard for years. 

I went to the same school as David Fairclough - Evered Avenue High School. 

Yeah a lot of stuff we have seen before but loved the music and some of the one liner put downs between the ex-players. Genuine warmth came through and not sure you would get that in any other club. To me that is why Klopp loves LFC so much especially as he keeps helping write new chapters.