You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The run in...

Scott_M

18 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

BRING IT ON MOTHAFUCKER !!!!

Although maybe not as difficult on paper, City have it just as hectic. 

Burnley - A

Atletico - H

Liverpool - H

Atletico - A

Liverpool - N

Brighton - H

Watford - H

CL Semi

Leeds - A

They’ll also be playing catch up in May (Wolves - A).

My priority is still the league. I know it’s one game at a time, if we can get past Everton in 1st place…

I would certainly prefer our first 5 games in that list than theirs.

There's every chance they'll be 2 points behind us when they play Burnley, with an outside chance they'll drop points away to Burnley.

League wise it all comes down to that game at the Etihad. Win that and we win the league. Lose it and we're done. Draw, everything's still to play for.

Champions League is going to be amazing though. Even if we play Abu Dhabi in the final I would half expect Pep to out-tactic himself and come up with some confused game plan that doesn't end up working.

On 21/03/2022 at 09:43, Daisy said:

Badly struggled yesterday with the rotating. Cant see many possibilities to rotate again other than Everton at home, so the main 11/12 players going to be fucked. 

Really hope Robbo pulls out of international games 

"The main 11/12" being 

Alisson

Trent 

Gomez 

van Dijk 

Konaté 

Matip 

Robbo 

Tsimikas 

Fabinho 

Henderson 

Thiago 

Keita 

Miller 

Jones 

Elliott 

Salah 

Mané 

Firmino 

Jota 

Diaz 

(Queef, Ox, Taki & Div on standby, in case the 20 players in our "main 11/12" need a breather.)

• Upvote 2

On 21/03/2022 at 09:58, Anubis said:

One game at a time for me. Worry a out what is in front of you.

On 21/03/2022 at 10:12, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

One game at a time.

4 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

This

and this

I'm with these chaps.

@Trumo has got a busy month ahead of him. Here's hoping @Caramac does too.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Strap yourselves in after this international break ……

0C3B66E2-EA53-4E12-AA2F-2BA6F98A4FA5.jpeg

It looks like a fucking stupid boast if we don't win the first two games.  

City win the league if we don't beat Watford.  Benfica will be up for two hard games, whereas we'll prefer to have one hard game and make the second a procession.  

Bobby should have been fined for trying that chip v Forest.  That's a fucking horrible decision because it probably took 40 additional hard minutes out of players legs when we didn't have to.  He could have slotted it or squared it to Jota to slot, and the game would basically have been won on 25 mins, just wait for a chance to grab a second.  

Jota was equally shit in that game to be fair. 

Much against everyone's advice...I rewatched a bit of the game and have decided that Oxlade-Chamberlain was impressive and Jota/Bobby made him look shit.  

• Downvote 1

I always felt that if we got within three points of City, they would be incredibly nervous because unlike 18/19 at this point, it's in our hands. Instead it's 1 point so not beyond the realms we don't even need to beat them. We have momentum which they had a few years ago.

Arsenal was a huge win for me. They are a good side on the up with some excellent young players. They actually deserved to beat City. I struggle to see us dropping points in the other games but I think the Mancs will be a horrible game especially with them rested while we have a marathon FA cup semi with City. Normally I'd be cautious of the Blueshite but they are just shocking. I like Southampton and Villa could be dangerous but again they are both on their holidays. Spurs could be dangerous but most likely top 4 will be decided by then.

The international window could be a blessing or a disaster for either of us. Hopefully Portugal are taken to the wire by Turkey only to then lose horribly to Italy in the playoff final and all the dickhead Mancs on both teams come back tired and deflated.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I always felt that if we got within three points of City, they would be incredibly nervous because unlike 18/19 at this point, it's in our hands. Instead it's 1 point so not beyond the realms we don't even need to beat them. We have momentum which they had a few years ago.

Arsenal was a huge win for me. They are a good side on the up with some excellent young players. They actually deserved to beat City. I struggle to see us dropping points in the other games but I think the Mancs will be a horrible game especially with them rested while we have a marathon FA cup semi with City. Normally I'd be cautious of the Blueshite but they are just shocking. I like Southampton and Villa could be dangerous but again they are both on their holidays. Spurs could be dangerous but most likely top 4 will be decided by then.

The international window could be a blessing or a disaster for either of us. Hopefully Portugal are taken to the wire by Turkey only to then lose horribly to Italy in the playoff final and all the dickhead Mancs on both teams come back tired and deflated.

Good assessment Ronnie. Villa away and Spurs at home are the only league fixtures that concern me. Obviously the game against city will be crucial and a must not lose.

The priority for me is still league, Champions League, FA Cup but obviously Jurgen cant set his stall out like that as he has to keep the momentum. And that's the only other thing that bothers me, this bleedin' ridiculous international 'break.' Fuck FIFA and fuck UEFA.

I look at our fixtures to theirs I just think we drop more points than they do. Its a mad run of tough games we have. United, Everton can be tougher than they should because of rivalry, the Everton game worries me the only glory they can take is by injuring our players ruining our chances and thats a great season for them and their fans.  Spurs and City tough as it gets, spurs countering now with Kanes and Sons recent form looks a nightmare for our high line even the last two of Southampton and wolves can be real problems. I think we are more likely to win the champions league than the league. It will be interesting to see how we look after the international break, we've been edging results, a bit tired, players missing. We are capable of an amazing run but fuck me it's some ask, Abhu Dhabi have completely shit on this league in pushing their own sportswashing agenda, its obscene the consistency you need just to compete.

I'm by nature a football pessimist, the 90s did me in. To be where we are at this stage of the season is amazing.

• Upvote 3

I think something we’ve all overlooked, the press is certainly not mentioning it and my mate pointed out to me last night - City can emulate the mancs treble from ‘99.

Even if they do it (and I hope we pop their bubble across the board) it’s likely most will give it the same congratulations as their domestic treble the other season, a shrug of the shoulders and meh.

Our League Cup win would be more celebrated. 

45 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I think something we’ve all overlooked, the press is certainly not mentioning it and my mate pointed out to me last night - City can emulate the mancs treble from ‘99.

Even if they do it (and I hope we pop their bubble across the board) it’s likely most will give it the same congratulations as their domestic treble the other season, a shrug of the shoulders and meh.

Our League Cup win would be more celebrated. 

This is the thing. We're actually batteling City for the treble. It's not as if we're front runners in any if them.

To beat City then Chelsea in the FA Cup is a tall order. To beat City at the Etihad on top is a monstrous task.

To then beat Bayern and City/Chelsea in the CL on top of all that... fucking hell.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, m0e said:

This is the thing. We're actually batteling City for the treble. It's not as if we're front runners in any if them.

To beat City then Chelsea in the FA Cup is a tall order. To beat City at the Etihad on top is a monstrous task.

To then beat Bayern and City/Chelsea in the CL on top of all that... fucking hell.

Although I’ve tried my best to wipe

it from my memory, trying to think back to the mancs in ‘99…

Didn’t the league come down to the last day and they pipped Arsenal? It looked like the mancs had blown it when we came back from 0-2 against them but then Arsenal blew it at Leeds?

They beat Arsenal in the FA Cup Semi Final replay. Beat us in the 4th round. Had a gimme against 13th placed Newcastle in the final.

In the CL they had Barca and Bayern in their group. They then beat Inter, Juve and Bayern to win it.

Arsenal had a great side then. They won the double the year before. Juventus had a great side. Bayern had a very good side.

Not devaluing the mancs achievement, IMO, if either us or City can emulate them, given the heights us and City push each other to (and to an extent Chelsea) our achievements will surpass ‘99. For example, the mancs won the league with 79 points, us and City will be close to getting 15 more points than that this season. 

Against us, Arsenal, Juventus & Bayern that season, the mancs really dug deep and never gave up. I see more of that spirit in us than City. 

It's an old cliche, but just take each game as it comes and don't look past it. Every game is a cup final now. There can be no complacency. The fans should do their part as well. We need bus greetings before every home game in the league and the Champions League. It's the least the players deserve for putting us in this position. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Although I’ve tried my best to wipe

it from my memory, trying to think back to the mancs in ‘99…

Didn’t the league come down to the last day and they pipped Arsenal? It looked like the mancs had blown it when we came back from 0-2 against them but then Arsenal blew it at Leeds?

They beat Arsenal in the FA Cup Semi Final replay. Beat us in the 4th round. Had a gimme against 13th placed Newcastle in the final.

In the CL they had Barca and Bayern in their group. They then beat Inter, Juve and Bayern to win it.

Arsenal had a great side then. They won the double the year before. Juventus had a great side. Bayern had a very good side.

Not devaluing the mancs achievement, IMO, if either us or City can emulate them, given the heights us and City push each other to (and to an extent Chelsea) our achievements will surpass ‘99. For example, the mancs won the league with 79 points, us and City will be close to getting 15 more points than that this season. 

Everything went their way that season.

Bergkamp missed a penalty in the Cup semi. Bayern shat all over them, and hit the woodwork three times. Subs came on and got 2x injury time winners.

That's what it's going to take.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, m0e said:

Everything went their way that season.

Bergkamp missed a penalty in the Cup semi. Bayern shat all over them, and hit the woodwork three times. Subs came on and got 2x injury time winners.

That's what it's going to take.

The difference we have now that we didn’t perhaps even eighteen months ago have is depth.

A few years back the shit show we’d bring on to try and win a game we’re chasing would be Lambert, Borini and Ballotelli.

Now it’s from Diaz, Bobby, Jota, Big Div, Mini.

Mad the evolution we’ve undergone.

• Upvote 1