You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The run in...

Scott_M

Well, here we go, it all comes down to this...

Watford - H

Benfica - A

Man City - A

Benfica - H

Man City - N

Man Utd - H

Everton - H

Potential CL Semi - H

Newcastle - A

Potential CL Semi - A

Spurs - H

Southampton - A / Potential FA Cup Final

Wolves - H

Villa - A TBC. I assume that will be mid-week before Southampton (and hopefully Southampton mid-week before Wolves).

I know it seems a lot but Chelsea and City won't be having it much easier either. 

We could certainly do with twating Watford and Benfica away. Those City games, fuck me, the stakes couldn't be higher. Be awesome to win at the Ethiad and then twist the knife at Wembley.

I'm not going to use the "Q" word but if one club could do it, it's Klopp and this group of players.

As I mentioned in the Forest thread, it's going to cost a fortune but it couldn't be more exciting.

UTFR. YNWA.

• Upvote 4

Badly struggled yesterday with the rotating. Cant see many possibilities to rotate again other than Everton at home, so the main 11/12 players going to be fucked. 

Really hope Robbo pulls out of international games 

4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Badly struggled yesterday with the rotating. Cant see many possibilities to rotate again other than Everton at home, so the main 11/12 players going to be fucked. 

Really hope Robbo pulls out of international games 

Insightful as ever. This was designed as a positive thread, I think you’ll be out your comfort zone here. 

Or maybe we just don’t rotate 7 players next time.

• Upvote 2

Gonna try enjoy this run-in as best I can, even though every game I'll be bouncing off the walls.

We're absolutely blessed to be watching what we're watching.

We're watching (arguably) the greatest Liverpool team there's ever been, with (arguably) 5 All-Time XI players playing (Alisson, Trent, Virgil, Robbo, Mo) and (arguably) our greatest ever manager winning and competing against the most financially doped clubs ever. On top of all that, our whole club is sound. No dickheads rule in full effect.

What a time to be alive.

• Upvote 13

I thought Gomez was alright at right back yesterday. Might help if Trent is still unavailable for the Watford game and maybe the Benfica away leg.

This is probably the most exciting season I've ever experienced. The only other one similar in feeling was the 2001 season where we seemed to be playing every couple of days. 

• Upvote 2

A 2 week break then the games come thick and fast.

At the top of our game, every one of them is winnable and they're still winnable even if we're not such is the season we're having and the way we're playing. 

I'm lucky enough to have seen some great reds sides and this one is right up there with them.

If they pull this off, this side will go down in history as the greatest of all time.

Yesterday’s rotation shouldn’t have mattered. We were just sloppy.
Thankfully, we were sloppy against a team that weren’t good enough to capitalise.

We’ve had the loss against Inter, which ultimately didn’t matter, and we were unlucky in that game.

What this demonstrates is, you can be sloppy and still win, you can be dominant and yet lose, fine margins indeed, but with the quality of teams coming up, we can’t be that sloppy again.

All I want to see is 100% effort and that we do our best in every game, whoever is picked.

After that you can’t ask for much more, if a referee gets a decision wrong, if an opponent has a missing shot deflected in, that’s just how it goes and it is out of your control.

I have 100% faith in Klopp and the boys trying their level best, I don’t expect any less, so if them giving 100% gets us four trophies or just the one, so be it.

As has been said, we’re playing against teams with odds stacked in their favour and still we’re worrying them more than they worry us.

This is a great team and manager, perhaps, arguably, the best we’ve had.

The Reds aren’t just coming up the hill boys, they’re already at the summit and ready to climb the flagpole at the top.

• Upvote 2

I think we have one more trophy in us and anything else we would be in Dreamland.

Weirdly it's more relaxing when you have nothing to play for at this stage but the stakes are massive for us in the next few months, there will probably be some disappointment but also some euphoria.

A rollercoaster awaits and this shit is better than Alton Towers.

3 hours ago, Elite said:

I think we have one more trophy in us and anything else we would be in Dreamland.

Obviously it 100% shouldn’t be viewed this way, I’d be disappointed if we only ended up with the League Cup. 

6 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Well, here we go, it all comes down to this...

Watford - H

Benfica - A

Man City - A

Benfica - H

Man City - N

Man Utd - H

Everton - H

Potential CL Semi - H

Newcastle - A

Potential CL Semi - A

Spurs - H

Southampton - A / Potential FA Cup Final

Wolves - H

Villa - A TBC. I assume that will be mid-week before Southampton (and hopefully Southampton mid-week before Wolves).

I know it seems a lot but Chelsea and City won't be having it much easier either. 

We could certainly do with twating Watford and Benfica away. Those City games, fuck me, the stakes couldn't be higher. Be awesome to win at the Ethiad and then twist the knife at Wembley.

I'm not going to use the "Q" word but if one club could do it, it's Klopp and this group of players.

As I mentioned in the Forest thread, it's going to cost a fortune but it couldn't be more exciting.

UTFR. YNWA.

I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head.

I think it is the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain.

I hope I can make it across the border.

I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand.

I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-H0RTIToQyhropz.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

28 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Strap yourselves in after this international break ……

0C3B66E2-EA53-4E12-AA2F-2BA6F98A4FA5.jpeg

BRING IT ON MOTHAFUCKER !!!!

Although maybe not as difficult on paper, City have it just as hectic. 

Burnley - A

Atletico - H

Liverpool - H

Atletico - A

Liverpool - N

Brighton - H

Watford - H

CL Semi

Leeds - A

They’ll also be playing catch up in May (Wolves - A).

My priority is still the league. I know it’s one game at a time, if we can get past Everton in 1st place…