You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nottingham Forest 0 Liverpool 1 (Mar 20 2022)

tlw content

9 hours ago, Barnesey said:

If Yates deserved a booking then so did Diaz. Embarrassing dive just in front of us.

The Diaz one wasn't a dive for me, but it wasn't a foul either. He tried to check back, the defender stood his ground and blocked him off, and Diaz was caught off balance and fell backwards.

7 hours ago, rb14 said:

"sucker", "loser", "fool" 

Alright Mr T, settle down.

• Upvote 3

All about opinions but fully agree that Gomez was good on any scale bar TAA, Keita was tidy in the Gini way and Kostas was involved throughout but not always in a good way. 

Harvey was disappointingly poor,  not helped by Ox at his worst,  trying to force the play or holding on too long. Really want Ox to do well but it's yet another opportunity blown, he is a frustrated member of the squad and we don't need that at such a crucial point in the season. 

I do wonder about our rotation,  we either make no changes or loads. Going into the crucial April period would it be better if we made just a couple of changes each game? I  reckon some of the so called fringe players would adapt much better if the core of the team is alongside them 

Said this on the pod but I thought Bobby was fine. Jota looked like he was playing using someone else's feet and Harvey looked like someone who needs to be in midfield.

Gomez did pretty much everything that could be expected of him considering. Nothing wrong with his performance but replacing Trent is impossible.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, dave u said:

Said this on the pod but I thought Bobby was fine. Jota looked like he was playing using someone else's feet and Harvey looked like someone who needs to be in midfield.

Gomez did pretty much everything that could be expected of him considering. Nothing wrong with his performance but replacing Trent is impossible.

Yeah, lumping Bobby in with Jota in this match means you've pretty much made up your mind about him. In the first half he was the catalyst of every move we made. I can recall him misplacing 2 passes that should have been made, in addition to missing the chance to score. He also played a pass back to Thiago (who slipped) that lead to a counter-attack for them, well harsh if he gets the blame for that. Clinical in front of goal he isn't, but what you get with him in the side is a more cohesive attacking unit. 

I actually think his cameo against Arsenal and the 1st half today were very positive performances, and he never stopped running, pressing or showing for the ball. Comes back to what you value most I guess. I definitely think we look better as a TEAM with Bobby in the side still, but his qualities come more to the fore when playing with Mane/Salah next to him rather than Elliott/Minamino/Jota/Origi.

Jota was shocking (again), but a lot will cut him slack because of a well taken goal. I can relate to that. Problem is (as Utd are finding out with the greasy tumbler), if your attackers don't contribute in any other way than scoring, you'll face som other issues as a team.

• dave u unpinned this topic