You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal 0 Liverpool 2 (Mar 16 2022)

tlw content

chris_smith.jpg

Report by
Chris Smith

It’s starting to get a bit real now, isn’t it? And it’s both exciting and terrifying in equal measures. Nine torturous games await, all-consuming and each more fraught than the last. Number 20 or heartbreak awaits, with nothing in between. Would we have it any other way? Well, yeah. Doing it the easy way would be bloody nice, but it’s not our style.

For 45-minutes at the Emirates, you wondered whether the golden chance served up on Monday night could pass us by. It was, relatively speaking, as bad as we’ve seen in a while and the timing couldn’t be worse. Klopp was raging on the touchline and Arsenal looked like their self-belief was – for the first time in about a decade against us – justified. 

As the bloke who usually writes these reports likes to say, they were smelling themselves and for once it wasn’t their dad’s rancid bottle of Old Spice stinging their nostril hairs. 

We seemed laborious on the ball, used it very poorly, and *gasp* failed to match Arsenal’s fight and intensity. Without looking like too much of a threat, Arsenal certainly looked more likely. Where was the Gunners side that rolls over to have its belly tickled and collapses at the first sign of adversity when he needed them? Well, thankfully those lads turned up when Jota stepped up a few minutes into the second half. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £3 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 7

• dave u pinned this topic

Thanks to Chris for filling in for me, I should let him do these more often as he's damn good at them. 

I've got some stuff going on privately right now which means I haven't got time to do the reports, round ups, pod etc.

Hopefully everything will be back on track after the weekend, but Chris and the rest of the lads will keep the rig on the road for now and the plan is to have a bumper pod covering this one and the Forest game.

Also, no need to derail this thread sending me well wishes and stuff, I don't want to detract from Chris' report and the win from the boys last night, so just stay on topic!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 25

Think Arsenal would have been better served keeping the lump who is in goal for Villa, Ramsdale is one of the new Prem keepers who seem to have caught Pickford syndrome.

Nice change to read a report on an Arsenal game without having to wipe my screen afterwards.

Good  report.  I thought that once they eased off with their charging about we just took control and they had nothing left to give. I thought we could have gone for more goals but sensibly just preserved energy. 

They have definitely improved though and are looking like the fourth best side. 

P.S. Best wishes Dave. Stuff. 

21 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Nice job @Chris

particularly good of you to keep a few typos in there as tribute to the boss.

I left them in on purpose in case he forgot to change the byline. It would have confused the shit out of people otherwise. 

Great stuff @Chris

"Here we goooo, Salah's got 10 in a row" is a much better chant than their shite.

We could swap the second line for "The Reds have won 10 in a row" in a couple of weeks, if that makes you happier!

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic