You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lallana: I cannot believe how well Diaz has settled at Liverpool

TLW

Adam Lallana has given Luis Diaz high praise in the very early stages of his Liverpool career.

The 33 year-old midfielder speaks with a level of experience how daunting it can be when it comes to joining one of the biggest clubs in World Football.

Lallana had six seasons at the Reds where he made 178 appearances and scored 22 goals before leaving for Brighton where he has spent the last two seasons.

While Diaz was linked to the club, his arrival came as somewhat of a surprise as many expected the club to have a very quiet January.

Rather than overawed by expectation, Diaz has made a instant impact scoring his first goal for the club against Norwich and generally looking very lively and creative with the ball at his feet

Speaking on 5 Live (per the Echo) Lallana is a clear fan.

image.png

“I still can’t believe how well Diaz has settled, having been a player that has gone to Liverpool and knowing how difficult it was to settle.

“I am not sure what Diaz’s English is like. But coming from a different country in January, and to play the way he has played, is absolutely phenomenal. I was at Wembley, to see how he performed, I think he was Liverpool’s best player and most dynamic

“I actually feel a little embarrassed that I hadn’t heard about him before. That just shows the level of recruitment at Liverpool. They have been spot on in that kind of £50million bracket. With Salah, Mane, Firmino and Jota. They have just got it right.”

For the player himself, Diaz is just as content at this point of time.

“It's going the best way possible and it's kind of the way that we all wanted. Certainly from a personal point of view, it's just how I wanted to try to start and what I've dreamed of and how I dreamed of starting. 

“I knew that I'd come to a very competitive club involved in everything. So, I'm really, really happy how it's started and long may it continue."

image.png

Diaz has already added to the list of honours he earned at Porto by being a member of the League Cup winning side. And he couldn’t praise his teammates and coaching staff highly enough for making him feel at home.

“This is how I wanted everything to work out. I wanted to settle as quickly as possible, as I was saying before, and to get to know the style of play and feel comfortable. In training and on the field, I think I've managed to develop a good understanding with my teammates – and I think that's been down to both them and the coaching staff, who have helped me in this settling-in period. 

“They have been a great help to me. I'm here to try to help, I'm here to try to support the team and the lads. As I say, I want to just keep doing my best."

View full article

• Upvote 1