You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Inter (H) - CL Round of 16 2nd leg, Tue 8th Mar 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

4 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

I'd rest him at the weekend and comeback against Arsenal.  With Firmino returning between him Mane, Jota, Diaz & Origi we should have enough options for Brighton. Then I'd give him a week off to rest. Mane could do with the same at some point too.

You could make an argument for not starting him against Brighton (personally I'd still play him) but leaving him out altogether would be madness. 

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

I cannot believe that there's some bird with a monobrow and spray on tan, with a green suit, lisping like a sausage on BT and she's got the brass neck to he criticising Mo.

For fucks sake.

Also saying the 2nd yellow for Sanchez was harsh….and wouldn’t be given in thd women’s game!! Ferdinand with a gob on him like someone’s pissed on his chips. Don’t know what they think about his first booking, probably think Thiago fouled Sanchez!

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

Awful, unpressional performance.  Ref was abysmal but our attackers weren't far behind him.  Its a wake up call because we ain't winning this competition playing the way we are.  City & Bayern will bully us.  Midfield is still a major worry & Jones simply does not look like cutting it at this level I'm afraid.  He's still yound so hopefully this is a trough in his development and he can peak again but he's a million miles off what is required right now.  Salah needs dropping for Brighton.  He's been absolutely shocking & so wasteful since he came back from ACON.

Yeah the midfield...too much chopping and changing. Some of it is necessary but Jones, one minute he can't get on the bench for the final ahead of Ox, then the next he's starting games in the CL.

Wasn't impressed with Thiago again either. Yet to have a good game against anyone decent. Get's played around too easily, especially for the goal tonight. 

Up the just about doing enough Reds! 

Klopp gets stick for mentioning it, but I thought the conditions didn’t help us tonight. Passes were being under or overcooked. The little flicks weren’t sitting down. Lots of Inter’s longer balls were being misjudged. 

But, even with that, we could’ve had 3 or 4 goals. 

I thought Inter were decent tonight. A ballsy performance from them. Their keeper consistently played it out to one of two centre backs who were stood on their own six yard box. They’d then proceed to confidently play it out from the back, even dinking it over our pressing players a few times. That block from Vidal was amazing. 

I think we’re still lacking an attacking midfielder who can break forward and play in between the lines and have a bit of composure to pick a pass out for one of the front 3. Thiago has the composure but seems to be used as a deeper lying midfielder. There’s that Brazilian lad at Villa who’s doing quite well…

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

Three women on the panel and two of them have lisps.

Way to go BT.

She literally just said fabinho was late to it therefore its his fault sanchez got sent off. What the fuck is she on. 175 caps in the women's game are clearly worth fuck all 

Bastards cut my stream  when Robbo in a great position put in a shit cross that went out for a corner. Very, very disappointing that result but you get the feeling it was on the cards against west ham. And to be honest, while not wanting a defeat at all, tonight by the 1 goal is the game Id rather a defeat was in because it doesnt stop us progressing.

In the first half, I thought we just about played it right. We didnt need to take the game to them eyeballs out. We could play within ourselves to a degree and try and hit them on the break. But, I dont know whether fatigue played a part in so many poor balls and insufficient application to make them tell.

I get that Jurgen needs to rotate the team but Im just apprehensive when he puts Jones in against class opposition and Inter are no mugs. Midway through the 2nd half he dallied on the ball with that Vidal, I think it was when a first time pass was on. Instead he decided not to play it and tried to shield the ball, lost it and put us under some pressure. I think that was a few minutes before they actually scored.

But the defeat tonight isnt down to Curtis Jones. Mo just wasnt at the races and even though he hit the post twice, he should have buried both just like he should have in the first minute against west ham.

We all know how dangerous Sadio is. Look how he took that goal against west ham. But again, Ive been feeling of late the ball is bouncing off him when it is played to him. He's either not concentrating or pissing about. Or maybe he's still on a high from AFCON?

And to make matters worst, Jota seems to be struggling to find his finishing edge after that ankle injury so tonight was a perfect storm for all 3 of them to fire blanks!

The co commentator on my stream, Stewart Robson, might as well have been called Bryan Robson given how much he wanted Inter to win. Trent's a shit fullback, Ederson is miles better than Alli and other shit. Must be gutted Inter won on the night but lost on aggregate. Twat.

OK, we're chasing the home record and trying to salvage a draw but with less than 8 minutes on the clock plus injury time, WTF are Joel, Virgil and Fabinho all trying to push deep into the inter half and we're leaving a couple of players back in case the oppos get a quick breakaway? I really dont get it, we'll pay dearly one game if they do that and we're hanging onto a goal lead.

After the draining extra time and pens at Wembley, we've looked dead on our feet the last couple of games and a Saturday 12:30 kick off awaits. All this talk of a quadruple is doing my head in., League and Champions League, that's all that counts for me.

Oh and one last thing Alli, stop waiting until the striker is virtually on top of you before playing the ball. About the only good thing about tonight is we're into the next round but to be honest, that was virtually decided after the first leg.

7 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

I'd rest him at the weekend and comeback against Arsenal.  With Firmino returning between him Mane, Jota, Diaz & Origi we should have enough options for Brighton. Then I'd give him a week off to rest. Mane could do with the same at some point too.

The amount of footy salah played in afcon in a short time is bound to leave a mark.

3 group games then 4 120 minute games on the bounce.

That is an insane amount of footy condensed into less than 4 weeks - especially with the mental side of it as well with him being their leader and talisman and all that comes with that.

6 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I cannot believe that there's some bird with a monobrow and spray on tan, with a green suit, lisping like a sausage on BT and she's got the brass neck to he criticising Mo.

For fucks sake.

She’s won more league titles as a Liverpool player than any member of the current team. Suck on it, you sexist garden-pea gobbling pig.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Fauci said:

Up the just about doing enough Reds! 

Klopp gets stick for mentioning it, but I thought the conditions didn’t help us tonight. Passes were being under or overcooked. The little flicks weren’t sitting down. Lots of Inter’s longer balls were being misjudged. 

But, even with that, we could’ve had 3 or 4 goals. 

I thought Inter were decent tonight. A ballsy performance from them. Their keeper consistently played it out to one of two centre backs who were stood on their own six yard box. They’d then proceed to confidently play it out from the back, even dinking it over our pressing players a few times. That block from Vidal was amazing. 

I think we’re still lacking an attacking midfielder who can break forward and play in between the lines and have a bit of composure to pick a pass out for one of the front 3. Thiago has the composure but seems to be used as a deeper lying midfielder. There’s that Brazilian lad at Villa who’s doing quite well…

Agreed. That or a player like Firmino, honestly. Either himself in top form, or someone like him. We're missing him.