You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Inter (H) - CL Round of 16 2nd leg, Tue 8th Mar 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

This has just reminded me of the time I was around 12-13 and we were doing footie in PE.
The teacher had a go at the class for bottling challenges and appealing for fouls when barely touched, and then proceeded to join in the game.

Obviously he’d opened the door so we hacked him to shit, people were throwing reducers in all over the place and he couldn’t say a thing about it. It was amazing, the twat.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

I always thought Schmeichel was the biggest cunts (alongside Pickford) between the sticks I'd ever seen. Then along came his son.

I wonder if it’s because you see things differently if you have the experience of being involved in the game day in day out from the other side.

2 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I wonder if it’s because you see things differently if you have the experience of being involved in the game day in day out from the other side.

What are your thoughts on our midfield getting bullied in both games against Inter without Henderson? 

3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

What are your thoughts on our midfield getting bullied in both games against Inter without Henderson? 

Did they?  I’ll have to take a look.  I was out at a gig last night, so haven’t seen the game yet.  2-0 is never a good score to try to defend though, complacency always seems to set in.  I am sure you’re right, though we’ve been bullied plenty of times when he’s played as well, by far worse teams. 

• Downvote 2

Inter needed a plan as they were 2 nil down from the first leg

Ref was shite but he wasn't just shite with us

Sanchez should have gone in the first half

As good as Martinez's goal was, they didn't threaten all that much and even the commentator said VVD was owning Martinez

We didn't play great but still hit the woodwork 3 times and Diaz nearly scored at the death (Matips header goes in and we win about 3 nil)

When we won this a couple of years back we had a massive scare in the group stages against Napoli, lost 2 nil away in Belgrade (relied on Alisson) and also had a drab 0:0 at Anfield with Bayern Munich 

We are in the quarter finals

Calm down. 

• Upvote 5

Over 180 mins, Inter hit the bar and banged in a worldy. 

We didn’t play particularly well last night but we still should have won the game.

A loss with zero consequence. I didn’t lose any sleep over it. Hopefully it focuses minds ahead of two important away games in the next week.

5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Maybe he's just not fit/sharp right now, which is contributing to this, but am I the only one that thinks that Jota is usually pointless in these high level matches?

Excellent flat track bully, great against teams we can bombard for 90 minutes because he'll get on the end of some chances, but when we're facing sides who can go toe to toe with us and press us, he can't help us get an upper hand as the number 9. His performance really bothered me. It was really, really bad.

He's handy on the left in most games, so long as we have the pace of Mane and Salah with him.

He's shite in the middle most of the time, but against teams that sit back, will always be a danger.

33 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Think you need to relax now and then. Have a bit of time off from your "angriest man on the ff" persona, regardless of how proud you are of that particular achievement. 

I told you before you are the last person on here to give anyone advice you're a snide tit.

I've seen that ref have worse games, but that was pretty bad. Most refs have some kind of preference in the type of game they want to see - some refs will blow for every bit of contact, some refs (eg. Martin Atkinson) will refuse to blow for anything short of an actual assault, some refs will allow shoulder barging but ANY studs up challenges will be an instant red, etc.

That guy last night is basically completely random in his decisions. Sometimes he lets full-on two footers from behind go without even a whistle, other times he's buying completely obvious dives. Sometimes he's letting Salah get shoved in the back without even thinking about blowing, other times he's booking Inter players for showing some quite minor dissent. The players must have no idea what's going to happen with any decision he makes, I sure as fuck didn't.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

I've seen that ref have worse games, but that was pretty bad. Most refs have some kind of preference in the type of game they want to see - some refs will blow for every bit of contact, some refs (eg. Martin Atkinson) will refuse to blow for anything short of an actual assault, some refs will allow shoulder barging but ANY studs up challenges will be an instant red, etc.

That guy last night is basically completely random in his decisions. Sometimes he lets full-on two footers from behind go without even a whistle, other times he's buying completely obvious dives. Sometimes he's letting Salah get shoved in the back without even thinking about blowing, other times he's booking Inter players for showing some quite minor dissent. The players must have no idea what's going to happen with any decision he makes, I sure as fuck didn't.

Mane got shoved 5ft forward to the ground and he did fuck all it was mental.  He didn't even book Sanchez for the knee high challenge on Thiago and that was right infront of him.

Haven’t read the thread but assume loads of moaning based on latest comments. Thought we were off the pace last night and didn’t play well at all. Inter also impressed me in the flesh.

Having said that, we still should have won the game based on the chances we created and spurned.

We deserved to go through over the two games and 2-0 is an awkward score ahead of a second leg from a psychological perspective.

We can discuss the aspects of the game that contributed to it being a poor performance overall but doesn’t need to be an inquest.

• Upvote 2

I think we will definitely win at least one more trophy this season. Another 3? Who knows but i definitely see us winning one more.

I thought we played well in the first 20 minutes after half time, we pressed the fuck out of them and that was the Liverpool of a few years ago. Klopp clearly gave them a rocket at the break and said he wasn't happy with the counter pressing after the match. We haven't seen that intensity of press for a good while.

Inter are no mugs and they played well but on another day the game is over if we don't hit the post/bar 3 times. They had us in midfield but didn't really create all that much. I think many of us have said our midfield needs un upgrade and freshening up and there was clear evidence of that again yesterday, we just lack pace and legs in there. But we have beaten the current Spanish champions, Italian champions ( and the team currently top of Seria A) we are no mugs either and those aren't easy fixtures. 

We always seem to have a sticky patch every season and we are going through one right now, but we are still winning (or qualifying) and that's the difference compared to the past. Our defence is back to being solid. I think yesterday will be a wake up call for them and they will kick on from here, we have too many good players up front not to start putting these chances away. We aren't just relying on Salah, Firmino and Mane. We have 5 or 6 players now who can score and if we pick up the intensity and press like we did after half time yesterday (which i think Klopp will insist on) we will end the season well. 

• Upvote 1