You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shane Warne

Bjornebye

Mad that it was first reported about 9 hours ago but still not on the BBC. 

Incredible spin bowler, changed the game. Also very knowledgeable about tactics, technique and had great skill. 

It seems off the field he was a bit of a womaniser, but I'd rather focus on his cricket. What a player, seem to remember him being handy with the bat sometimes and being a stubborn fucker to get. 

I'd have one if I saw this in the scud (NSFW)

NSFW

Elizabeth-Hurley-Naked-08-1.jpg

• Upvote 2

A cricketing genius, one of the all time greats and certainly the best spin bowler I’ve ever seen (sorry Murali, I just can’t get past that iffy delivery action).

I couldn’t stand him when I was young as he was England’s worst nightmare along with McGrath. But over time I grew to just appreciate his genius. That 2005 Ashes series was the most gripped I’ve ever been by the sport.

I mostly enjoyed his commentary and punditry on Sky even if he was biased as fuck when it came to his beloved Aussies. It was obvious the other Sky commentary lads all thought the world of him. I loved the master class stuff he did with Nasser and Ian Ward, his love for the game really shone through.

I will miss him as one of the sounds of our summer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

12 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

A cricketing genius, one of the all time greats and certainly the best spin bowler I’ve ever seen (sorry Murali, I just can’t get past that iffy delivery action).

I couldn’t stand him when I was young as he was England’s worst nightmare along with McGrath. But over time I grew to just appreciate his genius. That 2005 Ashes series was the most gripped I’ve ever been by the sport.

I mostly enjoyed his commentary and punditry on Sky even if he was biased as fuck when it came to his beloved Aussies. It was obvious the other Sky commentary lads all thought the world of him. I loved the master class stuff he did with Nasser and Ian Ward, his love for the game really shone through.

I will miss him as one of the sounds of our summer.

100 percent bang on post. RIP Warney.

8 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I could respect him but as you say hated him until the end of the 05 ashes series.

I still think England should have offered the Aussies the chance for McGrath and Warne to open the batting the final afternoon of that series  and give them a guard of honour. 

"Bowling Shane......"

A decade and a half of feasting on English teams in Ashes tests...they couldn't deal with him at all.

I'm sure he played for Hampshire v Lancs in 2000 at Aigburth - as it was the first time I'd seen him bowl in the flesh....

Genius is an overused word, but if it was good enough for Richie, then it will do for me.

• Upvote 1