You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Elden Ring

13 and a bit hours in and really just scratching the surface with peripheral stuff. The dragon in Caelid let me build up stats without much danger. No farming, just working my way through the mini dungeons mainly.

However the stutter as you're panning the camera is annoying. FromSoftware need to sort that out.

30 hours in, which is obscene, but then I had a couple of days off work and stuck inside with little to do in there.

Beaten the second rune boss, in the academy. Currently trying a main boss in caelid, but think I might be a bit underlevelled (@50). Might try and actually beat the lake dragon.

48 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I haven't had any kind of stuttering. What dragon on Caelid. Recently I've just been standing on a cliff and killing two trolls pulling a cart for a 1000 dollar a piece, rinse and repeat.

I couldn't find the video I saw earlier and without the annoying cockney accent. Use a weapon with blood loss feature like the Uchigatana otherwise this'll take you close to an hour. Also, consume a chicken foot right before you hit the final blow as you can get 90k runes.

Yeah, panning on mine really causes a stutter for me.

• Upvote 1

Looks amazing but I think it's one of them games where you do really need to be able to play for hours on end and I haven't got the time at the minute. I've never played this type of game either so I would really need to see if I enjoy getting my arse beat time and time again first haha.

2 hours ago, skend04 said:

I couldn't find the video I saw earlier and without the annoying cockney accent. Use a weapon with blood loss feature like the Uchigatana otherwise this'll take you close to an hour. Also, consume a chicken foot right before you hit the final blow as you can get 90k runes.

Yeah, panning on mine really causes a stutter for me.

I'm a wizard though so can I use a blood loss weapon.

5 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Gah, wish I'd thought of the chicken's foot! Literally just killed it, and only ended up with 49k runes somehow. I miss savescumming in this type of game.

If you're after a weapon with bleed, the Morningstar is pretty easy to grab.

Bloodhound's fang. You get it as a reward for beating the boss in the evergaol at the Southern end of Limgrave. Huge reach, need 18 str and 17 dex to use. Lot's of reach on it, as it's a greatsword as well.

If you're like me though, you will spend the rest of the game annoyed that every fucker you see running around seems to have it as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Even after killing the dragon and spending the runes it's still a gruel to get runes and level up.  I've beat the boss at storm veil after that is a grind.

Margit or the one after that? What level are you?

38 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Margit, I think I'm level 41 can't remember. Being astrologer the magic casting animations are a pain in the arse i get hit because it takes so long. With margit I see him shouting to attack try to dodge but my player is still raising his staff. I'll add I'm generally just crap at the game.

So you're working through the castle itself? It's tough, as long as you keep an eye out for the birds you can do it, as you can usually get a spell away before they see you.

Check your shield as well, if you haven't got one that blocks 100% of physical damage, you might need to find one as there are a lot of enemies shooting at you from distance at various points.  I know a trader in the woods area has a good one.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Margit, I think I'm level 41 can't remember. Being astrologer the magic casting animations are a pain in the arse i get hit because it takes so long. With margit I see him shouting to attack try to dodge but my player is still raising his staff. I'll add I'm generally just crap at the game.

Summon the dogs and they will occupy him while you cast. 

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

You need the Radagon Icon talisman to shorten casting times. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Yeah. Think I might prefer the PS4 game. There is an awful lot of waffling between the characters.

Yeah that's off putting. I liked the first game but for me it wasn't a top tier game which Sony compared to a lot of the other Sony games such as Last of Us, God of War, Days Gone, Ghost of T.

Have hit a real difficultly bump, opened up some new areas to explore but unsure about diving in fully until I beat a boss or two in older areas.  There's some real bullshit going on with said boss, though. Great fight, epic, but fucking hell...

I'm level 39 but dont really know what I should be doing. I've been doing a bit of farming and exploring but am at a loss as to what I'm supposed to be doing at current level. Any suggestions?

By the way, I'm pretty shit.

22 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'm level 39 but dont really know what I should be doing. I've been doing a bit of farming and exploring but am at a loss as to what I'm supposed to be doing at current level. Any suggestions?

By the way, I'm pretty shit.

Try some of the caves and the above ground ruins. Ideal to pick up items and not hugely difficult.

• Upvote 1