You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Abramovich reportedly puts chelsea up for sale

Here's what the statement says, so those fucktards don't get traffic from our clicking. Cunts.

I would like to address the speculation in media over the past few days in relation to my ownership of Chelsea FC. As I have stated before, I have always taken decisions with the Club’s best interest at heart. In the current situation, I have therefore taken the decision to sell the Club, as I believe this is in the best interest of the Club, the fans, the employees, as well as the Club’s sponsors and partners.

The sale of the Club will not be fast-tracked but will follow due process. I will not be asking for any loans to be repaid. This has never been about business nor money for me, but about pure passion for the game and Club. Moreover, I have instructed my team to set up a charitable foundation where all net proceeds from the sale will be donated. The foundation will be for the benefit of all victims of the war in Ukraine. This includes providing critical funds towards the urgent and immediate needs of victims, as well as supporting the long-term work of recovery.

Please know that this has been an incredibly difficult decision to make, and it pains me to part with the Club in this manner. However, I do believe this is in the best interest of the Club.

I hope that I will be able to visit Stamford Bridge one last time to say goodbye to all of you in person. It has been a privilege of a lifetime to be part of Chelsea FC and I am proud of all our joint achievements. Chelsea Football Club and its supporters will always be in my heart.

Thank you,

Roman

• Upvote 2

My guess is that this is to stop him being sanctioned ( not sure whether the government have got the bollocks to do it anyway) 

By donating the proceeds, it makes it hard to sanction him as it will stop him selling it and giving the money away, it also makes it hard to sanction his other businesses which are probably worth more than Chelsea. People like him don’t do this for no gain 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chris said:

If this is a sign of things to come, it'll be interesting to see how loyal all of those oligarch friends of Putin – happy to see him remain in power for their own benefit – really are.

It is all going to turn inwards on him IMO

When those multi billionaires can't get their hands on their money and live in Monte Carlo and Kensington they are going to turn on him, along with the rest of the country.

He'll be out of power and in exile within 6 months IMO.

59 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Wasn't he interested in buying us at one point before them?

David Moores would have probably sold us to Robert Mugabe without Googling who he was though. 

Yeah but we lost the head to head decider in 2003(?) last game of the season.

Joking apart, I read recently he considered the club before buying chelsea so dont know whether than game was the deciding factor.

I’ve no idea how much Chelsea owe Abramovich, or how much their club is worth, but the cynical bastard in me can’t believe for one minute that Abramovich has done all he has for that club “ for the love of it”.

Billionaires don’t tend to be philanthropic, they don’t get to be billionaires if they are, and given he’s a billionaire with known links to a thug and gangster, it’s extremely unlikely anything he is doing or saying has anything but an ulterior motive to it.

Wouldn’t trust him or his mates as far as a one armed midget could throw them.

4 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Surely that’s “unearned income”?
FFP not breached then?

I read somewhere else he'd loaned them £1.5bn. I guess that he thought he would get that back plus interest when he sold up.

"As far as I'm concerned you can throw all those medals you've won in the bin, because you won them all by cheating."