You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our midfield

Mil-ing Around

48 minutes ago, Trojan1892 said:

Very decent, lost the ball in midfield which Villa then scored their 2nd goal.

Losing the ball driving forward in the opponent's half shouldn't necessarily lead to a goal. Showed real character though and created the equaliser and then was causing Villa a number of issues.

Think he will do very well there 

57 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Based on that cameo, he's responsible for one of the goals they conceded.

Thiago gave it away a number of times on the edge of our box last season, no player is perfect, especially at 20 yes old, but he lost it driving forward in their half and then setup the equaliser and was generally a handful.

I agree with the commentators, think he will be very good for them.

8 minutes ago, HBenn said:

Losing the ball driving forward in the opponent's half shouldn't necessarily lead to a goal. Showed real character though and created the equaliser and then was causing Villa a number of issues.

Think he will do very well there 

Obviously hope the last statement doesnt turn out to be true but agree otherwise. He was sent for a few minutes to salvage something, in his debut game and he did well to drag them back. Villa were shitting it after that.

6 minutes ago, HBenn said:

Thiago gave it away a number of times on the edge of our box last season, no player is perfect, especially at 20 yes old, but he lost it driving forward in their half and then setup the equaliser and was generally a handful.

I agree with the commentators, think he will be very good for them.

He literally cost them a goal. Also, why is this in the "our midfield" thread?

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He literally cost them a goal. Also, why is this in the "our midfield" thread?

You base opinions based on his overall showing. He was quite possibly fouled and lost the ball in the opponent's half, it was not a given they were going to score. Plus he is 20. 

If we judged players on their mistakes we would moan at all our players. Alisson saved us a number of times after brain farts from Thiago, Fabinho or the defence.

Onana is in the thread because he was one of the players that we watched a lot, were quite strongly linked with and seems to have a lot of attributes that we are possibly lacking. Be interesting to see how he progresses.

19 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Obviously hope the last statement doesnt turn out to be true but agree otherwise. He was sent for a few minutes to salvage something, in his debut game and he did well to drag them back. Villa were shitting it after that.

Me too! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HBenn said:

You base opinions based on his overall showing. He was quite possibly fouled and lost the ball in the opponent's half, it was not a given they were going to score. Plus he is 20. 

If we judged players on their mistakes we would moan at all our players. Alisson saved us a number of times after brain farts from Thiago, Fabinho or the defence.

Onana is in the thread because he was one of the players that we watched a lot, were quite strongly linked with and seems to have a lot of attributes that we are possibly lacking. Be interesting to see how he progresses.

No, we weren't?

And I'm not forming an opinion, I've not called him shite. I'm saying factually, he was at fault for a goal here. You're the one forming an opinion based off of a 20 minute cameo.

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

No, we weren't?

And I'm not forming an opinion, I've not called him shite. I'm saying factually, he was at fault for a goal here. You're the one forming an opinion based off of a 20 minute cameo.

We were and when your manager says the players are not available to improve you then its interesting to see how a player we scouted and was available does.

Factually he lost the ball, players do that in the other half of the pitch. It's not a fact losing the ball should have cost them a goal.

Yeah, your repeating what I said, I formed an I initial opinion, like the commentators did, that he looked very good overall, that he may well do very well there and will be interesting to see how he develops.

Your comment was he cost a goal, the insinuation was clear.

Just now, HBenn said:

We were and when your manager says the players are not available to improve you then its interesting to see how a player we scouted and was available does.

Factually he lost the ball, players do that in the other half of the pitch. It's not a fact losing the ball should have cost them a goal.

Yeah, your repeating what I said, I formed an I initial opinion, like the commentators did, that he looked very good overall, that he may well do very well there and will be interesting to see how he develops.

Your comment was he cost a goal, the insinuation was clear.

1. We were not strongly linked with him.

2. My comment was just that; a comment. I didn't insinuate anything, you did.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

1. We were not strongly linked with him.

2. My comment was just that; a comment. I didn't insinuate anything, you did.

Yes we were and the bigger point I was making was that Jürgen is saying there is no one available (or its very difficult) that will improve our options. This lad was someone we have looked at and decided wasn't worth it. That was the point of the reference to him in here.

I never insinuated anything, I said what I thought, your response to my comment was that he cost his team a goal. If you don't think that insinuates anything then good luck to you.

7 minutes ago, HBenn said:

Yes we were and the bigger point I was making was that Jürgen is saying there is no one available (or its very difficult) that will improve our options. This lad was someone we have looked at and decided wasn't worth it. That was the point of the reference to him in here.

I never insinuated anything, I said what I thought, your response to my comment was that he cost his team a goal. If you don't think that insinuates anything then good luck to you.

Man, you're boring.

47 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's lucky we've only got 1 game per week at the moment. As we'd be fucked if we needed to cover 2 games - although I do wonder what we're doing with them with all these injuries. 

Yeah lots of sniffing our own farts after keeping a few of the sick notes available for most of last season.  Might have gone a bit too early in praising the new fitness / medical team.