You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our midfield

Mil-ing Around

29 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

In that run towards the end of the covid season, we dropped a little deeper which meant Phillips was slightly less exposed, I think alissons starting position was also a little higher, which means the pass to break through needs to be better. We clearly felt we didn't need any of that on Monday as vvd would sort it all, although of course we don't know when Gomez pulled out and if there was much time time to prepare. That goal they scored was as clear as day would happen. Phillips has no place in any team playing a high line. 

Harshly but fairly,Philips has no place in a team with major trophy expectations.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

Harshly but fairly,Philips has no place in a team with major trophy expectations.

He'd have looked ok in that Leicester team that won the league a few years back. The lad can pass a bit, intercept and reads the game well and head the shit out of anything. But he can't run and aside from weirdly in the San Siro has never shown the ability to turn. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

He'd have looked ok in that Leicester team that won the league a few years back. The lad can pass a bit, intercept and reads the game well and head the shit out of anything. But he can't run and aside from weirdly in the San Siro has never shown the ability to turn. 

He'd do a decent job at a team like Everton to be fair to him.

• Upvote 1

Excl. News Naby #Keita: He is unhappy with his current situation in Liverpool. There were talks about a contract extension but they have stopped now. His departure is possible regardless of Thiago and Oxlade-Chamberlain. But early stage. Talks will take place. #LFC @SkySportDE

Should have happened 2 months back and a replacement brought in. Up there with one of the worst transfer all time, leave for peanuts,big fee and big wages. Offered next to fuck all 4 games out of 5 he actually played. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Excl. News Naby #Keita: He is unhappy with his current situation in Liverpool. There were talks about a contract extension but they have stopped now. His departure is possible regardless of Thiago and Oxlade-Chamberlain. But early stage. Talks will take place. #LFC @SkySportDE

Should have happened 2 months back and a replacement brought in. Up there with one of the worst transfer all time, leave for peanuts,big fee and big wages. Offered next to fuck all 4 games out of 5 he actually played. 

Get him gone and get some good cunt in. Easy.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I was absolutely waiting for that last sentence. The start of the post was a great point,as often is, but any chance to have a passive aggressive dig at Hendo is never left untouched.

Passive aggressive?  Don’t be silly. Everyone knows my opinion on Henderson as a footballer.  Because of that  I do think it’s worth pointing out his value off the pitch.  

25 minutes ago, an tha said:

Need to stop over tilting those trophies....only being able to see base is rubbish 

This is how you lift a trophy...

PA-302741.jpg

i love that photo. i used to have it years ago in a picture frame and it actually got robbed in a house break in. it always makes me laugh the stickers on the umbro signs. we went to the trouble of making it a match specific shirt, but left those on! 

32 minutes ago, an tha said:

Need to stop over tilting those trophies....only being able to see base is rubbish 

This is how you lift a trophy...

PA-302741.jpg

I was about to say the same thing and saw you had done it.

Hendersons trophy lifts are turd

56 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

i love that photo. i used to have it years ago in a picture frame and it actually got robbed in a house break in. it always makes me laugh the stickers on the umbro signs. we went to the trouble of making it a match specific shirt, but left those on! 

Yeah literally stuck tape on them on on night.

Was down to Adidas...

https://museumofjerseys.com/2018/05/26/liverpool-v-real-madrid-1981-the-tale-of-the-tape/

20 minutes ago, an tha said:

Yeah literally stuck tape on them on on night.

Was down to Adidas...

https://museumofjerseys.com/2018/05/26/liverpool-v-real-madrid-1981-the-tale-of-the-tape/

it's interesting they talk about the partnership between umbro and adidas as there were times in the 70s clemence wore a yellow jersey and that was adidas, with the red LFC umbro shorts. i miss the days of the keepers wearing the same shorts as the outfield players. it'll obviously never happen again as it just gives the club something else to sell.