You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our midfield

Mil-ing Around

Considering what we paid for Keita after targeting him, it amazes me that he has never been given an extended run of starts. No player can settle in on piecemeal game allocation. I think we should now start him consistently while Thiago is (once again) crocked. Form can be managed from the bench on a game by game basis with the likes of Elliot and Milner. Keita has skills that have been identified and purchased. Use him.

5 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Considering what we paid for Keita after targeting him, it amazes me that he has never been given an extended run of starts. No player can settle in on piecemeal game allocation. I think we should now start him consistently while Thiago is (once again) crocked. Form can be managed from the bench on a game by game basis with the likes of Elliot and Milner. Keita has skills that have been identified and purchased. Use him.

You can't give someone an extended run in a team who gets injured every time he plays a game.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Okay apart from Keita getting injured every time he plays, and apart from him being shit, what justification can be given for not giving him an extended run of games? Must be racism.

And at the same time what have the romans ever done for us?

3 hours ago, Baltar said:

Curtis Jones is injured but has time to travel around surrounded by giant security guards. Why does he need such an entourage? The lad has a Messi complex.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChFgZIIIDQo/

Nah fair enough that, didn't Phil Foden's mum get snotted by some gobshite not long ago?

36 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Nah fair enough that, didn't Phil Foden's mum get snotted by some gobshite not long ago?

It's Curtis Jones, how many people would even recognise him outside of Liverpool? Don't think he needs 3-4 heavies to accompany him, seems a bit ott. Then again he is in London...

On 11/08/2022 at 15:41, Baltar said:

It's Curtis Jones, how many people would even recognise him outside of Liverpool? Don't think he needs 3-4 heavies to accompany him, seems a bit ott. Then again he is in London...

Good to know you've got all the details needed to make your point.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Is Belligham even that good. I'm getting Keita vibes the huge clamour and wait and then he comes in and its "oh" 

Impossible to tell until he leaves that joke of a league.

A lot of the people that yap about him are the same idiots that suggesting selling Salah to sign cert future Balon Dor winner Sancho.   They clearly weren’t watching him either.

9 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Impossible to tell until he leaves that joke of a league.

A lot of the people that yap about him are the same idiots that suggesting selling Salah to sign cert future Balon Dor winner Sancho.   They clearly weren’t watching him either.

I dont think the Bundesliga is a joke at all. The problem is that most of their clubs are run with at least a nod to fan input and silly budgets are frowned upon,unless you are Bayern,Germany's Abu Dhabi FC. I'd much rather the English top division was run more like Germany than the disgusting free for all it currently is.

13 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I dont think the Bundesliga is a joke at all. The problem is that most of their clubs are run with at least a nod to fan input and silly budgets are frowned upon,unless you are Bayern,Germany's Abu Dhabi FC. I'd much rather the English top division was run more like Germany than the disgusting free for all it currently is.

Agree. Makes more sense to say the PL is a joke.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

So would I.  Doesn’t change the fact the leagues a laugh and a half for attackers.  

Seems a real desire to play open attacking football from nearly everyone as well.  No matter who they’re playing.  I’d prefer that then the ten men behind the ball shite we watch 90 percent of the time.  Yet it’s another reason why it’s easier for forwards.