You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our midfield

Mil-ing Around

Some surprises there. Great to see both Keita and especially Thiago up on the top right quadrant. I would’ve thought my boy Gallagher would’ve been there or thereabouts too, perplexed right see him down the bottom left quadrant as he looks like an all action midfielder. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Some surprises there. Great to see both Keita and especially Thiago up on the top right quadrant. I would’ve thought my boy Gallagher would’ve been there or thereabouts too, perplexed right see him down the bottom left quadrant as he looks like an all action midfielder. 

Interesting.

Henderson surprises me, he's top left whereas I thought he'd be bottom right.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

Thiago had a really good game, Fabinho was shocking in the first half, very good in the second. Would have been nice to play with a third CM, but he lives in Paris now.

Yep. I thought Fabinho was much better the longer the game went on. He’s probably been our most important player the last few weeks. Seeing how a really skilful player like Thiago struggles to cope when pressed makes you realise how unique Gini’s talent of shielding the ball and turning in tight spaces was. 

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

A 26 year old Wijnaldum would help. The Wijnaldum who can't get in a PSG midfield and who is making out like a bandit with his wages isn't doing anything. It's almost like we let him leave at the exact right time. 

PSG, like the rest of the french league is a complete joke. I know you have a grander opinion of it, but its a clown show. 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

A 26 year old Wijnaldum would help. The Wijnaldum who can't get in a PSG midfield and who is making out like a bandit with his wages isn't doing anything. It's almost like we let him leave at the exact right time. 

Yeah, Gini was a fraud.

Should have fucked him off sooner, really.

Just now, Kevin D said:

Yeah, Gini was a fraud.

Should have fucked him off sooner, really.

I can hardly tell when you're being sarcastic and serious because you have some sort of unfunny persona on here which you never turn off, but that's clearly not what I said.

We need to add some proper quality to the midfield in the summer. Our best three at the moment are probably Fabinho, Thiago and Keita. And we know Keita can’t be relied upon. Thiago is brilliant, but I’m still concerned about his ability to stay fit as well. Need at least one, preferrably two, players in. And of course a couple out.

Thiago is the only one who doesn't collapse when pressed.  He's constantly given the ball in tight spaces, as his teammates know he's the only one in that mf that will cope without pooing his pants.

There'll be a big midfield signing in the summer.  Keita may be sold, but Ox probably not.  I'd personally have it the other way around.  Elliott will vie for RM and from time to time as one of the attacking three. 

Are we talking about our midfield that reeled in a 14 point gap on city or another one? Our problem today wasnt solely down to our midfield to any great degree.

The problem today was Fabinho who was exceptionally poor all game today. I dont think Ive seen him have so poor a game he hardly ever won the ball in a tackle or made a pass to a red shirt.

Trent apart from the pass for Jota's goal was poor all the first half. Improved a bit during the 2nd half but not a lot.

Matip really struggled for Pace again, especially during the first half. Robbo just wasnt composed most of the time and van Dijk was shaky as well.

And sorry, what did Keita do when he came on except fall over, give the ball away and seem anonymous?