You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ukrainian refugee donations and collections

Remmie

3 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Anyone near Gloucester who can’t get items to Rem can donate to the Ukrainian Catholic Church of the Good Shepherd. 

Free tea, coffee and sandwiches for those who can donate time to help out too. 

Nice one Col, I’m about half a mile from them.

I’ve seen that they have had to temporarily stop collections, due to lack of storage - hopefully meaning overwhelming support. 

I’ll update should I see that they start up again. 

• Upvote 1

I’m just reading this thread now. I’m so sorry for you having to deal with this @Remmie  Just to say I’m not ignoring this or refusing to contribute; my wife’s best recent mate (I say recent as they both had their kids at the same time and became really good friends through that) is Ukrainian living in Dublin and so we’ve been helping with a big drive over here. Below is last nights collections of new clothes, bed clothes, and foods (tins, etc) . There’s already 3 vans been filled and gone, and this was what was still left to go in the living room last night. I’ve spent a lot of money on new items already but this type of help is going to be needed for quite some time so I’ll definitely contribute here once I can. I’m just writing this so you know you’re not been ignored. Stay strong mate. 

D5609FDF-153E-45E9-B7B3-3CC95EB5D468.jpeg

• Upvote 10

53 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

I’m just reading this thread now. I’m so sorry for you having to deal with this @Remmie  Just to say I’m not ignoring this or refusing to contribute; my wife’s best recent mate (I say recent as they both had their kids at the same time and became really good friends through that) is Ukrainian living in Dublin and so we’ve been helping with a big drive over here. Below is last nights collections of new clothes, bed clothes, and foods (tins, etc) . There’s already 3 vans been filled and gone, and this was what was still left to go in the living room last night. I’ve spent a lot of money on new items already but this type of help is going to be needed for quite some time so I’ll definitely contribute here once I can. I’m just writing this so you know you’re not been ignored. Stay strong mate. 

D5609FDF-153E-45E9-B7B3-3CC95EB5D468.jpeg

Stop trying to upstage Remmie.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Stop trying to upstage Remmie.

Joking aside, I know that’s how my post looks. It’s not that though. I’ve done fuck all compared to my wife. It’s all so hugely emotional and with Remmie naming the people who’ve contributed (and I think he’s right to) I didn’t want to seem like I didn’t care as this is obviously hugely important and I want to show him I’m supporting him, but just in a different way. 

This is all heartbreaking and every demonstration of support is really important I think. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Joking aside, I know that’s how my post looks. It’s not that though. I’ve done fuck all compared to my wife. It’s all so hugely emotional and with Remmie naming the people who’ve contributed (and I think he’s right to) I didn’t want to seem like I didn’t care as this is obviously hugely important and I want to show him I’m supporting him, but just in a different way. 

This is all heartbreaking and every demonstration of support is really important I think. 

Wait until I start calling out the mingebags! 

That's awesome stuff and heartwarming to see. It certainly doesn't have to be my fund or whatever as long as its going to the right place. I want the fucking kudos though, Little lord fuckpants, me. 

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Remmie said:

We pooled our collection with some others that have been received and this is the chaos we've been dealing with today:

IMG_20220303_134139.jpg

There are 2 other rooms filled with stuff you cannot see. The guy providing the storage was worried the floor couldn't take the load, though I don't agree. 

48 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

It really does not look like that JH.

• Upvote 1

A very much belated thank you shout to:

@Chris 

@The-Sir

@Brownie

@AngryOfTuebrook

@Carradona

@Karl_b

@Mudface

There also a few mysterious ones and even lurkers out there so thanks also to: CP, IB, DL & MW. Nearing £2k in donations now and still working hard sorting all the stuff we have received. Here is a video of our donations being received in Romania, ready for distribution to Ukraine:

• Upvote 12

Fucking Hell. Lutsk is 45 minute drive from my wife's hometown. The friend who woke up to bombing in Kyiv and escaped is now in Lutsk with her toddler daughters. I desperately hope my wife's parent can find a way to escape to border.Her dad is 58 and considered fighting age but was previously exempted from fighting on health grounds, so hoping this precedent is sufficient.

• Upvote 4

On 28/02/2022 at 22:38, Remmie said:

Bank transfer? Amazon voucher maybe? Alternatively there may be somewhere close to you to donate to? Up for other suggestions 

Do you have Wirex, or family / close friend access to a Wirex account with attached visa card? I can send crypto through the Wirex app, instantly transferable to your currency of choice - £,€,US$ - then simply spend on the attached Visa credit card.

• 2 weeks later...

Red Cross have been absolute twats, shaking Putin's hand, agreeing the humanitarian corridor to go only to Russia and trousering a significant wedge of proceeds to the cause. 

We've decided to spend the proceeds of our funds on a number of fronts, including medical aid Ukraine: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/medicalaidukraine?fbclid=IwAR35H0i9yIsBiBpyQbBYZRWpzHBgdg1pJuAPcJQV7Xbv3kUc2aOe_3lvBaw and Neko's pet link above. 

Our house of 4 of us plus our Neko (cat) is about to double it's human population. My mother in law will hopefully cross the Polish border tomorrow and fly here on Thursday. 

My wife's other best friend Dasha in Lviv is doing the paperwork for us to sponsor her. She has a 6 year old boy and is.... 7 months pregnant!

No more working from home for me. 

• Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Red Cross have been absolute twats, shaking Putin's hand, agreeing the humanitarian corridor to go only to Russia and trousering a significant wedge of proceeds to the cause. 

We've decided to spend the proceeds of our funds on a number of fronts, including medical aid Ukraine: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/medicalaidukraine?fbclid=IwAR35H0i9yIsBiBpyQbBYZRWpzHBgdg1pJuAPcJQV7Xbv3kUc2aOe_3lvBaw and Neko's pet link above. 

Our house of 4 of us plus our Neko (cat) is about to double it's human population. My mother in law will hopefully cross the Polish border tomorrow and fly here on Thursday. 

My wife's other best friend Dasha in Lviv is doing the paperwork for us to sponsor her. She has a 6 year old boy and is.... 7 months pregnant!

No more working from home for me. 

Wow. I bet you hate Putin more than anyone else on the forum. 

• dave u unpinned this topic