You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Financial Results for Year to May 31st 2021

an tha

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-announces-financial-results-year-may-31-2021

Summary...

Covers period when LFC won the Premier League.

Significant impact on matchday revenue, dropping by nearly 95 per cent.

Media revenue rose by £64.5m to £266.1m.

Commercial revenue rose by £0.2m to £217.6m.

Overall revenue down by £3m to £487m.

Loss before tax fell by £41.5m to £4.8m

I want to hear what the resident forum fiscal experts @Barrington Womble, @Daisy, @General Dryness and @BeefStroganoff say on this before I make any comment. 

They’ll all been strangely quiet since our progress on all cup fronts, closing the gap on City, coping with AFCON and signing new players, so I feel they all have something valuable to contribute here. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

20 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I want to hear what the resident forum fiscal experts @Barrington Womble, @Daisy, @General Dryness and @BeefStroganoff say on this before I make any comment. 

They’ll all been strangely quiet since our progress on all cup fronts, closing the gap on City, coping with AFCON and signing new players, so I feel they all have something valuable to contribute here. 

I'm sure you said we were going to be making a huge loss for this period? 

Matchday revenue fell 95%, effectively £67m was lost. This was offset because part of the previous season was carried forward into these accounts boosting figures. Remember, we lost over £40m the previous season so the loss over 2 seasons equates to £50m. That's not small money.

EDIT The impact of the Nike deal didnt take full effect in these accounts it seems due to the pandemic's effect on the season so it's foolish to say the deal was a 'disaster.'

Some folk dont understand a loss is a loss. You never get it back even if you make profit. If the club had spent on player transfers the way some wanted, the loss would have been far higher. Despite that, we got Jota for a £4m down payment and Thiago for £25m.

Liverpool have come through this shitstorm better than anticipated due to the great stewardship by the owners. Still, some will want to criticise them for this. Bizarre world.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I'm sure you said we were going to be making a huge loss for this period? 

That was an assumption or are you complaining that we haven’t made as much a loss as expected? 

Anyway, you and you’re cohorts are the experts. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

That was an assumption or are you complaining that we haven’t made as much a loss as expected? 

And not one that was misplaced considering other PL clubs were announcing losses between £80m to £100m losses.

The club managed to get 12 new sponsorship deals signed during the period yet still some squeal.

In other words, the club had to run hard during this period and went back slightly. Not to be sneezed at.

23 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

No you regularly used that as an argument to defend FSG lack of spending. We threw away a league title defence for no reason. 

• Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

And not one that was misplaced considering other PL clubs were announcing losses between £80m to £100m losses.

The club managed to get 12 new sponsorship deals signed during the period yet still some squeal.

In other words, the club had to run hard during this period and went back slightly. Not to be sneezed at.

One thing this shows is that match day revenue doesn’t play that much of a role in breaking even. 

I see The Ev have already announced ticket prices will increase next season, so I’d imagine we’d follow, but in reality it shouldn’t. 

In fact, based on this, prices should come down & I’ll be somewhat pisses off if my ST goes up next year.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-announces-financial-results-year-may-31-2021

Summary...

Covers period when LFC won the Premier League.

Significant impact on matchday revenue, dropping by nearly 95 per cent.

Media revenue rose by £64.5m to £266.1m.

Commercial revenue rose by £0.2m to £217.6m.

Overall revenue down by £3m to £487m.

Loss before tax fell by £41.5m to £4.8m

If we hadn't bought that clown Jota, we'd have been in the black.

30 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I see The Ev have already announced ticket prices will increase next season, so I’d imagine we’d follow, but in reality it shouldn’t. 

Part of that is to spread the bad PR though, it's likely the season tickets for Everton will increase gradually each season before another rise when/if they move to Bramley Moore.

It's easier to soak up the abuse for multiple smaller increases than getting to the first season of a new stadium and announce a 20% ticket increase.

10 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

If we hadn't bought that clown Jota, we'd have been in the black.

If they'd managed to get Konate in the January instead of having to wait we'd be further in the red and people would have been happier (yet also angrier that the accounts look worse).

It's a weird balancing act.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Part of that is to spread the bad PR though, it's likely the season tickets for Everton will increase gradually each season before another rise when/if they move to Bramley Moore.

It's easier to soak up the abuse for multiple smaller increases than getting to the first season of a new stadium and announce a 20% ticket increase.

Possibly, but we do tend to follow The Ev’s lead on increases.

8 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

If they'd managed to get Konate in the January instead of having to wait we'd be further in the red and people would have been happier (yet also angrier that the accounts look worse).

It's not that weird, if the team is winning, the support is happy & not particularly arsed about the accounts.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

It’s incredibly weird. It’s almost as if some posters portray themselves as experts in everything to do with the club (players, tactics, accounts, wages, kit deals, ground construction etc etc) but in reality, have fuck all idea about anything and those of us who read stories from “pay roll journalists” and try and come to a valid opinions based on people who clearly know more than we do, might actually be onto something.

But anyway, I digress. Ultimately I don’t give 2 shits about this if we don’t have a winning team, which we do, so UTFR’s.

42 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

One thing this shows is that match day revenue doesn’t play that much of a role in breaking even. 

In fact, based on this, prices should come down & I’ll be somewhat pisses off if my ST goes up next year.

Nah, disagree mate. Match day revenue was down 95% from £70m to £3m. Think that equates to over 13% of turnover.

Guess we'll have to wait and see it ticket prices go up but Id say using the shite as a reasoning isnt a great one.