You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (N) - League Cup Final, Sun 27th Feb 2022 (4:30pm)

Trumo

16 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I wonder if Mendy will ever stop laughing at him.

If they'd have put me on for Mendy, I would have failed to save any penalties and failed to score; in other words, I would have done no worse than Kepa.

Bit harsh on yerself there, mate. You might not have stopped one but you might have scored!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I wonder if Mendy will ever stop laughing at him.

If they'd have put me on for Mendy, I would have failed to save any penalties and failed to score; in other words, I would have done no worse than Kepa.

I would have saved Fabinho’s. Piece of piss.

The odd thing is Mendy was recently involved in a major cup final shootout, saved 1 of 4 and ultimately won it, in a tourament he was deemed best keeper. And he'd just came through a blinder of a match personally. 

• Upvote 1

Even if Kepa is the best penalty saver in the history of the sport it would be a bad idea to bring him on 1 minute before a shootout. 

I imagine there's a lot of anxiety that comes with playing a cup final, but the players can run around to shake off the nerves and settle themselves into the game.

Even during the warm ups the keepers are saving shots and getting themselves focused. 

Then Kepa completely caught cold, hasn't played a game in about 3 weeks, hasn't broken a sweat since probably before the game even started, is then thrown on and expected to perform. Madness. 

22 hours ago, Manny said:

Struck me watching on telly that the only time I heard them was when one of our players misplaced a pass or failed to control the ball. That's all they're good for - a "wheeeeeeeeeeey" when the opponents do something wrong. No originality, no inspiration, no true joy. Just banter merchants revelling in the failure of others.

A completely and utterly pointless fucking fanbase.

Most London supporters seem to be like that. One reason why so many gutbucketed Arsenal vloggers stuck in Nandos are in such deep psychological despair these days is because they can't go to games and just shout 'HOOF!' smugly whenever the other team lifts the ball an inch off the ground, like they're the game's great arbiters of style rather than just a direly negative club who had a few out of character years under Wenger. 

They don't just sing 'Sign on,' they do it with an audible belief that they're incredibly witty for doing so. Same goes for Chelsea, Spurs and West Ham. You hardly ever hear them supporting their own team, it's just relentless baiting on the other fans. It's very weird - take away the obsession with other clubs and there's nothing really left.

18 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

About time we had another FA Cup.

I agree. But FSG sacking the manager after reaching both domestic cup finals pushed them right down the list of priorities. The media might prefer to suggest it's some innate bias of 'The German,' but the owners set the tone. (Not that it stopped them making a rare appearance on Sunday, swanning around the pitch afterwards!)

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

I agree. But FSG sacking the manager after reaching both domestic cup finals pushed them right down the list of priorities. The media might prefer to suggest it's some innate bias of 'The German,' but the owners set the tone. (Not that it stopped them making a rare appearance on Sunday, swanning around the pitch afterwards!)

Maybe they watch the games through Nord VPN and on dodgy chinese streams like the rest of us?

4 hours ago, Aventus said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that the prize money pot for the carabao Cup is about £200,000 combined for all the semi finalists, with about £100,000 for winning it. 

You get about 10x that much for drawing a CL group game. 

Yeah, exactly. This Carabao win has proved to me that there's more life in the domestic cups than I was prepared to admit, but I don't have any problem whatsoever with the way the club has approached them; the CL facilitates the arrival of top players and the ability to compete for the biggest honours while these competitions (unfortunately) do not. I'd prefer a more balanced state of affairs, but with that said, one of the most appealing things about this run has been the extent to which the squad has been used.