You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (N) - League Cup Final, Sun 27th Feb 2022 (4:30pm)

Trumo

16 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Never been a keeper in my life, hell only played football for 2 and half years (outside of pick up games at the park), for that matter but the I think the problem with waiting for a player to hit it is the speed of the ball. Sometimes it'd work, like Fabinho's pen today. Class pen but only because it went in, if Kepa just waits it's an easy save. Trouble is you have no idea what they're going to do so chances are guessing based on statistics you've no doubt had read in front of you before it happens is the best play.

I hear what you're saying, pretty easy sport from the armchair etc. I'd just like to see Kelleher delay his dive a split second longer, like Pickford Vs Jorginho in the Euro final.  He waited until the last moment. If you know it's coming, like with Jorginho, wait a bit longer.  TBH I'd make Sir Roger our goalkeeping coach. 

• Upvote 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Pureblood said:

I hear what you're saying, pretty easy sport from the armchair etc. I'd just like to see Kelleher delay his dive a split second longer, like Pickford Vs Jorginho in the Euro final.  He waited until the last moment. If you know it's coming, like with Jorginho, wait a bit longer.  TBH I'd make Sir Roger our goalkeeping coach. 

It wasn't so much the armchair thing, though it's valid. I'd never hold that against anyone on here as none of us are likely to be professionals and we'd never know if we were anyway. I guess the best example I'd say is Van Dijk's pen today. Kepa cheats all the way over to one side, I'm thinking "shit just pass it into the right (Kepa's left) corner" and the professional CB hits it side net short side and beats him without a hand on it. Our only pen that was in danger really was Konate's and he just hit it hard enough that the hand didn't matter. I just think with that type of power behind a shot it's a bit much to ask a keeper to wait til it's hit. If they move the spot to the edge of the box, I'd be fully in agreement as you have "enough time" to react as well as more time for the ball to move in the air.

43 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

It wasn't so much the armchair thing, though it's valid. I'd never hold that against anyone on here as none of us are likely to be professionals and we'd never know if we were anyway. I guess the best example I'd say is Van Dijk's pen today. Kepa cheats all the way over to one side, I'm thinking "shit just pass it into the right (Kepa's left) corner" and the professional CB hits it side net short side and beats him without a hand on it. Our only pen that was in danger really was Konate's and he just hit it hard enough that the hand didn't matter. I just think with that type of power behind a shot it's a bit much to ask a keeper to wait til it's hit. If they move the spot to the edge of the box, I'd be fully in agreement as you have "enough time" to react as well as more time for the ball to move in the air.

I agree in principle but with Jorginho it’s a bit different IMO because he tends to go for placement vs power, and he relies on the goalie showing his cards.

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Anyone know what was going on with Sadio after the presentation of the trophy when he stayed about 10 meters away from that Carabao celebration area on the pitch and all the players? Looked like he had some cob on and didnt want to join in?

can be a bit of a moody prick at times

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Pidge said:

As much as I dislike the club, its owners and quite a proportion of its fanbase, the three games with them this season have been brilliant.

I think Chelsea players these days are quite likeable in contrast to even the Conte years, let alone Mourinho. Thiago Silva, Kante, Christiansen, Mendy, Havertz, Werner all seem like cordial blokes. Azpilicueta is a massive twat and he’s on his way out. 

10 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I think Chelsea players these days are quite likeable in contrast to even the Conte years, let alone Mourinho. Thiago Silva, Kante, Christiansen, Mendy, Havertz, Werner all seem like cordial blokes. Azpilicueta is a massive twat and he’s on his way out. 

Tuchel’s taken the soul out of the club 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Anyone know what was going on with Sadio after the presentation of the trophy when he stayed about 10 meters away from that Carabao celebration area on the pitch and all the players? Looked like he had some cob on and didnt want to join in?

He has just come back from Africa so maybe covid precautions? He didn't look moody,just keeping his distance it seemed.

20 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I still think they are a fully dogshit club from top to bottom. Like having the option to join any band from past or present and you decide to join Nickleback I have nothing but contempt for their players.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I still think they are a fully dogshit club from top to bottom. Like having the option to join any band from past or present and you decide to join Nickleback I have nothing but contempt for their players.

Repped for Nickelback comparison.  God I hate that fucking band and the ugly cunt who sings for them.

4 minutes ago, A_S said:

Sooo...did anyone go chicken and not watch all 22 penalty kicks? 

My stream died so I didn't watch them until later. I did listen on 5Live to all of them, pacing the kitchen like an expectant father. 

• Upvote 1

Can vaguely remember Everton losing to West Ham on penalties in some competition or other a few years back that went down to the goalies and my main nemory is the Everton reserve goalie at the time just twatting his penalty like a goalkick and hitting the bar as hard as I have ever seen hit in my life. It rebounded almost back to the teams on the half way line.