You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (N) - League Cup Final, Sun 27th Feb 2022 (4:30pm)

Trumo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I watch that shootout, the more outrageous their keeper's antics seem. It's  disgrace the ref just keeps letting him delay the pen. And of course Tyler and Neville try their best to downplay it - imagine if that happened when Engerlund were taking pens! They'd be demanding the keeper was arrested!

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Nelly-Fauci said:

He might be really in to Red Bull. 

Sure I read he’s scared to get alcohol on him so gets out the way. Although he looked pissed of getting the hook today and a few rumours have been doing the rounds last week that he’s told the club he wants to leave in the summer. 

4 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

The more I watch that shootout, the more outrageous their keeper's antics seem. It's  disgrace the ref just keeps letting him delay the pen. And of course Tyler and Neville try their best to downplay it - imagine if that happened when Engerlund were taking pens! They'd be demanding the keeper was arrested!

I like fact that our keeper was not acting like a twat like theirs today and it was with Schmeichel when we won shoot out against Leicester.

I'm not a goalkeeping coach but surely it would be worth a goalie occasionally waiting to see where a penalty is going rather than flopping to one side. Even if they don't make a save it puts a doubt in subsequent takers' minds about going down the middle. At the moment a penalty aimed at the goalies upper chest would never be saved.

8 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I'm not a goalkeeping coach but surely it would be worth a goalie occasionally waiting to see where a penalty is going rather than flopping to one side. Even if they don't make a save it puts a doubt in subsequent takers' minds about going down the middle. At the moment a penalty aimed at the goalies upper chest would never be saved.

Shilton was Molby's favourite keeper to take a pen against because he never moved before the ball was hit, as he didn't want to be seen to go the wrong way. The result was that most shots flew past before he could reach them. But I take your point, it would be worth trying sometimes.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Not gonna lie, I was cursing Kelleher the same I did Mignolet in that other epic shootout.  Just fucking save ONE!

There were a couple that looked saveable when he went the right way, and the early flopping every time a Chelsea player did that hesitant skip thing was getting to me as the shootout wore on. But he redeemed himself, I never doubted him.

It's very nice to have a young back-up keeper worthy of the position, during the actual game he was excellent. 

Who gets a medal?  Diaz looks like he doesn't have one there (weird) and here it says Thiago might not get one?

https://www.si.com/fannation/soccer/futbol/news/will-thiago-alcantara-get-efl-cup-final-medal-for-liverpool-win

Thiago Alcantara Celebrates Liverpool's EFL Cup Win But Will He Get A Medal?

Thiago was not wearing a winners' medal though.

It is unclear if he will receive one, or whether he evens wants one, after not playing a minute of Liverpool's EFL Cup campaign this season.

imago1010223925h.webp

Never been a keeper in my life, hell only played football for 2 and half years (outside of pick up games at the park), for that matter but the I think the problem with waiting for a player to hit it is the speed of the ball. Sometimes it'd work, like Fabinho's pen today. Class pen but only because it went in, if Kepa just waits it's an easy save. Trouble is you have no idea what they're going to do so chances are guessing based on statistics you've no doubt had read in front of you before it happens is the best play.

How any of our fans can slag lads like Jamie Webster is beyond me. 

Fuck the Tories, and no it's not being "oh look at me trying to be a boss scouser' it's a young lad making sure the young coming up know whats right. 

"If you can't make decisions you're a bloody menace"  Bill Shankly. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

How any of our fans can slag lads like Jamie Webster is beyond me. 

Fuck the Tories, and no it's not being "oh look at me trying to be a boss scouser' it's a young lad making sure the young coming up know whats right. 

"If you can't make decisions you're a bloody menace"  Bill Shankly. 

Yep. So long as he doesn't sing. Flipping heck, that voice!