You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (N) - League Cup Final, Sun 27th Feb 2022 (4:30pm)

Trumo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

He was touching the frame of the goal before most kicks as well which he isnt allowed to do. That said, even if the ref had carded him for his antics, I dont think they can give a 2nd yellow to send him off.

There was a penalty shootout in NI a few months back where the keeper got sent off for leaving his line twice. 

• Upvote 1

Meatheads at EFL \ PGMOL saying Matip's goal was disallowed because van Dijk impeded James' attempt to get to the cross!

Funny, I see a blue shirted arm wrapped around van Dijk's waist and James makes no attempt to cut out the cross. And unless Virgil had started to wear blue, he isnt the one doing the impeding. They're talking shit, shit, shit, shit and you know next week when a goal like this is scored, it will be allowed.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Meatheads at EFL \ PGMOL saying Matip's goal was disallowed because van Dijk impeded James' attempt to get to the cross!

Funny, I see a blue shirted arm wrapped around van Dijk's waist and James makes no attempt to cut out the cross. And unless Virgil had started to wear blue, he isnt the one doing the impeding. They're talking shit, shit, shit, shit and you know next week when a goal like this is scored, it will be allowed.

It was absolutely ludicrous. Watch it in full speed and there’s nothing in the contact between those two, whoever initiated

it, and Mane was unmarked from the outset.

watch a 3 frame section in ultra slow

mo, with no context and you can disallow

anything.

absolute bullshite decision by a fucking terrible ref.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mcfaggen said:

There was a penalty shootout in NI a few months back where the keeper got sent off for leaving his line twice. 

Yeah, I checked up on the rules. Seems a keeper can be sent off in a penalty shootout. Then one of the remaining players has to become keeper, they cant make a sub.

32 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Very even but they had the better chances, probably, although half of them were offside.

could have been anything from 4-0 to 0-4

Slightly ironic that they missed their onside chances and scored the offside chances.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

It was absolutely ludicrous. Watch it in full speed and there’s nothing in the contact between those two, whoever initiated

it, and Mane was unmarked from the outset.

watch a 3 frame section in ultra slow

mo, with no context and you can disallow

anything.

absolute bullshite decision by a fucking terrible ref.

While it is really, really harsh, there has been a couple of instances this season where they've disallowed similar "offences", both involving the lovely Mancs.

First, Middlesborough (I think) had a goal disallowed against them in the FA Cup, then Slabhead impeded someone in a league game a couple of weeks ago.

I don't necessarily agree with the decision today, but there's at least a little bit of consistency there, which is someone we don't normally see from the shitehawks in black.

On the win: Have to say I share the emotions of everyone on here, feels a lot better to win "the smallest" of the four trophies we compete for. Watched it with my two boys, and they were elated at the final whistle. Watching the players celebrating and dancing, and what it meant to the supporters at Wembley, ahhhh, got something in my eye here...

• Upvote 1