You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (N) - League Cup Final, Sun 27th Feb 2022 (4:30pm)

Trumo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I’ve not yet seen said but would like to make a point of, is Keita played very well I thought. Not outstandingly brilliant but better than average and worked his socks off.

Given he wasn’t starting until Thiago went down in warm ups, and is generally an up and down, often frustrating player, he could’ve very easily come in and stunk or been an obvious weak link, but we were much more solid while he and Hendo were in midfield than when Milner and Elliot were.

Good on him.

• Upvote 5

By the way, did you see the state of those Carabao idiots? The bloke in the second row was too busy dad dancing to notice the players were there while the bloke in the baseball cap and shiny zip-up jacket who handed over the cup (HE'S their CEO???) almost got chinned by Hendo out of shock. They should tell the sponsors to stay inside a nice executive box taking selfies, and leave the presentations to people who don't look as though they've just escaped from some layby burger van!

7 minutes ago, Caramac said:

Thought the main camera angle was terrible yesterday, has it always been like that?

Using that spider cam for pens is also shite.

Agree about the main camera angle. Seemed too low.

I think the penalty camera angle is meant to convey the pressure on the taker. And in fairness, it provided us with probably the most wonderful angle on Virg deciding Kepa was a knobhead, and then treating him like one.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

One thing I’ve not yet seen said but would like to make a point of, is Keita played very well I thought. Not outstandingly brilliant but better than average and worked his socks off.

Given he wasn’t starting until Thiago went down in warm ups, and is generally an up and down, often frustrating player, he could’ve very easily come in and stunk or been an obvious weak link, but we were much more solid while he and Hendo were in midfield than when Milner and Elliot were.

Good on him.

I thought  he started a bit slow to be honest, but let's face it, he wasn't on his own there. Credit where credit's due though he got better as the game went on.

Keita's a frustrating player. He has it in him to be very good but he's so bloody inconsistent. Injuries haven't helped. 

I really want him to crack on and succeed here, but after waiting a year to sign him, apart from the odd flash of brilliance it hasn't really worked out for him in the three and a half years since he arrived which is a real shame.

2 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Keita's a frustrating player. He has it in him to be very good but he's so bloody inconsistent. Injuries haven't helped. 

Yes. It's odd, when he arrived, one of the things I liked was the way he could move with the ball and keep hold of possession, even when wriggling his way through a crowded midfield area. If he still did that, along with Matip doing his dribbling runs, we'd be much better at disrupting the more drilled defensive teams. But Keita seems more inclined to just pass the ball quickly these days. 

24 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Agree about the main camera angle. Seemed too low.

I think the penalty camera angle is meant to convey the pressure on the taker. And in fairness, it provided us with probably the most wonderful angle on Virg deciding Kepa was a knobhead, and then treating him like one.

Yeah fair enough, I found it pretty uncomfortable to watch haha. It makes the pen spot seem about 20 yds out and the goal look tiny. There's obviously some weird lens stuff going on.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, aRdja said:

I think Chelsea players these days are quite likeable in contrast to even the Conte years, let alone Mourinho. Thiago Silva, Kante, Christiansen, Mendy, Havertz, Werner all seem like cordial blokes. Azpilicueta is a massive twat and he’s on his way out. 

Azpilicueta and Rudiger. Cunts of the highest order. I was hoping Milner snapped his legs, in a well timed tackle of course. 
Ok Mathew Upson was dogshit biased on the a ESPN commentary too. Twat.