You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

China v Taiwan

Bjornebye

• 5 months later...

Yeah, the first US speaker of the House to arrive in Taiwan in 25 years, 2nd in line to be President and flying in there in a US military plane, right after all the shit we've had with covid and with the Russian invasion of Ukraine still underway, inflation still a big problem and recessions all over the place still possible. It's just what we all need right now and definitely not anything to do with the US stirring shit up yet again.

If there's a crisis after Pelosi arrives in Taiwan in a US military plane I think it's obvious to most that Pelosi arriving in a US military plane fucking started it no matter what doublethink crap is conjured up.

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah, the first US speaker of the House to arrive in Taiwan in 25 years, 2nd in line to be President and flying in there in a US military plane, right after all the shit we've had with covid and with the Russian invasion of Ukraine still underway, inflation still a big problem and recessions all over the place still possible. It's just what we all need right now and definitely not anything to do with the US stirring shit up yet again.

If there's a crisis after Pelosi arrives in Taiwan in a US military plane I think it's obvious to most that Pelosi arriving in a US military plane fucking started it no matter what doublethink crap is conjured up.

Im no fan of Pelosi but you expect her to travel scheduled business class?

42 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Im no fan of Pelosi but you expect her to travel scheduled business class?

If she really had to go to Taiwan for whatever bullshit personal reasons then she could've gone in anything but a US military plane. Then again though maybe that's the point. Can't wind China up as much in anything else can she.

I'm not trying to say China's response is normal either, I mean it's hysterical and deranged. But she must've known this would cause chaos.

I have no doubt that Nancy Pelosi's visit is designed to send a message to China. The USA hasn't had an official diplomatic presence in Taiwan since they recognised the Peoples Republic in 1979, so a visit by a senior American politician is a most unusual and significant event which will most certainly lead to increased tension.  

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

If she really had to go to Taiwan for whatever bullshit personal reasons then she could've gone in anything but a US military plane. Then again though maybe that's the point. Can't wind China up as much in anything else can she.

I'm not trying to say China's response is normal either, I mean it's hysterical and deranged. But she must've known this would cause chaos.

Isnt AirForce One and other official aircraft of the executive in the US technically 'military planes'?

Doesnt Xi Jinping travel everywhere on 'military planes' when he's on official visits?

It is utterly bizarre you think senior politicians of whatever country should have to travel on basically civilian airlines while on official visits.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Isnt AirForce One and other official aircraft of the executive in the US technically 'military planes'?

Doesnt Xi Jinping travel everywhere on 'military planes' when he's on official visits?

It is utterly bizarre you think senior politicians of whatever country should have to travel on basically civilian airlines while on official visits.

I don't suppose it really matters that much. I think her just going there in the first place is slightly more of an issue than how bizarre it might be that I mentioned the type of plane she's in. There's enough shit going on in the world without this stupid corrupt ghoul adding to it. 2nd in line to be president too, complete fucking madness.

In my opinion, the mode of transport is irrelevant. What matters, in the eyes of all the interested parties, is that a senior serving American politician is making an official visit to Taiwan. This is very much a line in the sand in the standoff between China and the USA over Taiwan.