Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
halewood pete

NYPD Blue

Recommended Posts

Fucking loved that show. Caruso felt like he dominated it for ages and then I realised he was barely in it and it was all about Franz and Smitts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great series. From the creators of Hill Street Blues, which was great too.

 

Dennis Franz was in that for a short time as a throughly dislikeable character, but then the character resurfaced in NYPD Blue were redemption of a sort waited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redinblack said:

Great series. From the creators of Hill Street Blues, which was great too.

 

Dennis Franz was in that for a short time as a throughly dislikeable character, but then the character resurfaced in NYPD Blue were redemption of a sort waited

I went back to Hill street blues and it has aged terribly. Never go back to anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, halewood pete said:

Been watching clips of this tonight on YouTube. Surely one of the finest,well written ,well acted series of all time .Dennis Franz as sipowitz was truly outstanding 

Yeah but you got motion sickness watching a tv episode due to the way the director wanted the camera to be shook from side to side. Thought it got even better after Caruso left and Jimmy Smidts became Sipowitz's partner.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah but you got motion sickness watching a tv episode due to the way the director wanted the camera to be shook from side to side. Thought it got even better after Caruso left and Jimmy Smidts became Sipowitz's partner.

Yeah. Caruso is not my favourite actor. I liked Smits and Franz chemistry much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Restarted my rewatch as it's on Disney Plus and I don't have to arse round with DVDs. On Series 6 now. The Bobby storyline - wow, still a gut punch after all these years. One of the best written, well acted storylines in modern TV. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Restarted my rewatch as it's on Disney Plus and I don't have to arse round with DVDs. On Series 6 now. The Bobby storyline - wow, still a gut punch after all these years. One of the best written, well acted storylines in modern TV. 

 

 

NYPD Blue was a great series. Got a bit silly in the last series with the main characters but wont spoil it for anyone!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

NYPD Blue was a great series. Got a bit silly in the last series with the main characters but wont spoil it for anyone!

I can't actually remember how it ends! Gay John is one of my favourite characters haha. Really enjoying the whole thing (again). Think it helps that I don't have to wait a week for an episode. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×