Sign in to follow this  
halewood pete

NYPD Blue

Fucking loved that show. Caruso felt like he dominated it for ages and then I realised he was barely in it and it was all about Franz and Smitts. 

Great series. From the creators of Hill Street Blues, which was great too.

Dennis Franz was in that for a short time as a throughly dislikeable character, but then the character resurfaced in NYPD Blue were redemption of a sort waited

1 hour ago, redinblack said:

Great series. From the creators of Hill Street Blues, which was great too.

Dennis Franz was in that for a short time as a throughly dislikeable character, but then the character resurfaced in NYPD Blue were redemption of a sort waited

I went back to Hill street blues and it has aged terribly. Never go back to anything. 

11 hours ago, halewood pete said:

Been watching clips of this tonight on YouTube. Surely one of the finest,well written ,well acted series of all time .Dennis Franz as sipowitz was truly outstanding 

Yeah but you got motion sickness watching a tv episode due to the way the director wanted the camera to be shook from side to side. Thought it got even better after Caruso left and Jimmy Smidts became Sipowitz's partner.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah but you got motion sickness watching a tv episode due to the way the director wanted the camera to be shook from side to side. Thought it got even better after Caruso left and Jimmy Smidts became Sipowitz's partner.

Yeah. Caruso is not my favourite actor. I liked Smits and Franz chemistry much better.

Restarted my rewatch as it's on Disney Plus and I don't have to arse round with DVDs. On Series 6 now. The Bobby storyline - wow, still a gut punch after all these years. One of the best written, well acted storylines in modern TV. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Restarted my rewatch as it's on Disney Plus and I don't have to arse round with DVDs. On Series 6 now. The Bobby storyline - wow, still a gut punch after all these years. One of the best written, well acted storylines in modern TV. 

NYPD Blue was a great series. Got a bit silly in the last series with the main characters but wont spoil it for anyone!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

NYPD Blue was a great series. Got a bit silly in the last series with the main characters but wont spoil it for anyone!

I can't actually remember how it ends! Gay John is one of my favourite characters haha. Really enjoying the whole thing (again). Think it helps that I don't have to wait a week for an episode. 

• Upvote 1