You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds (H) - Wed 23rd Feb 2022 (7:45pm)

Trumo

2 hours ago, Alex_K said:

No rest until Norwich. Leeds can still be an awkward team on their day; it'll be the first 11 here there's no doubt about that.

Hopefully that bog of a pitch yesterday drained their energy. But as you suggest, they're an exasperating team, capable of being really dangerous or laughably naive, without much or any sense, ahead of a game, as to which it is going to be. There's no other team in the league this season that has me completely unsure of how well or badly they're going to play against us.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Leeds don't consider us rivals 

To a degree this is true but many hold deep seated views of the City of Liverpool and its inhabitants that are unshakable whatever evidence to the contrary exists. This includes where the blame for Hillsborough and Heysel lies.

It’s very difficult to listen to this on a regular basis and not develop a hatred for a significant percentage of their fan base. 

I appreciate they might not be the only ones with these kind of attitudes but they are certainly among the worst. 

What is it with these conspiracy theories?

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:20 pmNo need to Velo, their front three will have a field day.

They may well do, but, we matched scum , they should have been down to 9, if we get a decent ref we have a chance, but will the pl want that?
I think not

I put leeds fans in my top 5 most obnoxious fans' group and they have been irrelevant for what, 15+ years? They are absolute twats and the most intimidated Ive ever felt at an away ground was their shit hole.

I really hope they go down along with the shite. Hopefully, battering them on Wednesday night puts them further in danger.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I put leeds fans in my top 5 most obnoxious fans' group and they have been irrelevant for what, 15+ years? They are absolute twats and the most intimidated Ive ever felt at an away ground was their shit hole.

I really hope they go down along with the shite. Hopefully, battering them on Wednesday night puts them further in danger.

Their rugby league fans are twats as well. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

Mentioned this before, but in the 70s, you were taking your life into your own hands just attending a Leeds match as a Liverpool supporter. Leeds fans would attack away fans in the street while West Yorkshire Police stood watching.

It's a hellish ground. The away end used to (presumably still does) seem designed to funnel fans out into a 'safe bricking zone' where you've got an excellent chance of getting half a house thrown at you as you try to get back to some transport. The last time I went there was so hellish it's never seemed worth going again.

8 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

To a degree this is true but many hold deep seated views of the City of Liverpool and its inhabitants that are unshakable whatever evidence to the contrary exists. This includes where the blame for Hillsborough and Heysel lies.

It’s very difficult to listen to this on a regular basis and not develop a hatred for a significant percentage of their fan base. 

I appreciate they might not be the only ones with these kind of attitudes but they are certainly among the worst. 

They most probably are,but not living anywhere near Yorkshire helps me ignore them.

• Upvote 1

The past 2 weeks have been a game every 3 days - Thursday, Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday so it was right that Klopp made a few changes. Only Alisson and Van Dijk have started the 4 games. There is 4 days before the Leeds game and 4 days break before the final so I expect that a lot of the so-called first 11 will play both. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

I’d start Kelleher in this. Give him some proper game time ahead of the final. 

That's actually a great shout.

But as good as Kelleher is, there must be something disheartening for the opposition when they see Alisson in goal.

Don't want to be getting Leeds' tails up now do we?!

1 hour ago, Lario said:

That's actually a great shout.

But as good as Kelleher is, there must be something disheartening for the opposition when they see Alisson in goal.

Don't want to be getting Leeds' tails up now do we?!

Great point. While Kelleher has matured into a very competent young GK,Alisson is the best around, bar none,for me. Alisson's presence is a major reason why Kelleher has improved so much and so quickly. It's been a while,if ever,that we've had such top level goalkeepers to choose from.

We should know better than anybody that great goalkeepers are very hard to find. Kelleher could well be Alisson’s replacement in a few years and I think we’d be mad to sell him. It’s hard to know whether playing eight or ten games a season here and training with the best-in-the-world Ali would be better for him than going out on loan and playing all the time. Great vote of confidence for him to start the League Cup Final anyway. I’d be starting Ali tomorrow though. 

• Upvote 1