You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Subscriptions - what's going on?

rb14

4 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

The MF is only used by Stig commenting on the various arguments he's had on the GF. 

The match threads are about half a page long. 

The neg and rep system just needs binning, and tags need to come back. 

No mention of the booming old pictures thread?

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, an tha said:

As someone who has never 'subscribed' but is a regular user i'll say this....

I have never used a forum before (and i have used a fair few down the years for footy, music and other sports) where 'subscribing' has been expected, and I have also been involved in running forums and i know from doing so costs are very, very minimal.

So i just don't see any reason at all to 'subscribe' here - if someone points out it is about the other site content away from the forum then sorry but for me that is simply not washing - i have next to zero interest in it and frankly find it no more worthy, no more interesting, engaging or no more informed than any of the opinion that is shared day in day out by the people who post on the forum - so why should i pay to read it?

Don't get me wrong if the lad/lads who run here want to try and make a living from it good luck to them - i sometimes bought the fanzine from outside the kop as i did RAOTL, but i see no reason at all for people to claim 'it blows their mind' that others don't see the use of an online forum as something they should pay for.

I use this site as a forum, to interact with other supporters, i know that running a forum costs next to nothing, so why would i want to pay to use one? Especially one that is full of ads....

People who feel they want to - hey fair do's - your choice, but for me - no.

Have you ever paid for a cup of tea? They don't cost much to make but you wouldn't rock up to the ground and expect one for free. 

You are basically describing Dave as a volunteer, maybe he considers himself one to I don't know. I do know that volunteering is very rewarding but if people take the piss the show ends.

If you're regularly on here and can afford it then you should pay.

• Upvote 7

Match reports and the other content is worth it in my opinion. I obviously don't pay just to post in the members forum and the majority of the time I've used the neg/rep thingy is when I'm on my phone and my fat fucking fingers do their thing. Also, if it appears I've looked at your profile, it's my fat fucking fingers again, I really couldn't give a shit about your profile.

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, ged20 said:

Also, if it appears I've looked at your profile, it's my fat fucking fingers again, I really couldn't give a shit about your profile.

I’m led to believe this is a standard opening on that there Tinder. 

Basically it means you’re up for anything. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’m led to believe this is a standard opening on that there Tinder. 

Basically it means you’re up for anything. 

Guess I'm rumbled eh, fuck.

And I'm married, I'd have to use the one that dicrete folk use. Just hope the mrs isn't on there either..

• Upvote 1

I see it as a community more than just a forum.

BTW - its not a community where people are driven by the desire to good, more like in an abusive mental home from the '70s which stinks of piss - and most of the inmates don't wanna be there but have committed the crime of supporting LFC.

That's why I pay. To help whoever is a few quid out of pocket from keeping the community going.

• Upvote 7

It’s all about The Week That Was. 

it’s not as good as the old fanzine diary, but it’s the last remaining link to the best waste of time you could buy for under a fiver.

the match reports are great, but the pod overlaps with them a lot so I’ve not read them with the same enthusiasm since the pod started. I think that’s really, really good. Just good reds talking footy in a way you’d hear in the boozer after a game, tangents and strong personal opinions a plenty without ever feeling like it’s trying to be edgy.

the pods are free, but they existing is linked to this site existing, so the subs are worth it.

• Upvote 5