You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kurt Zouma The cat kicker

dockers_strike

Should Zouma be suspended?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should Zouma be suspended from football for kicking his cat?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares?

11 hours ago, Strontium said:

If Buddhists are right and I am going to be reincarnated, I reckon I'd take my chances as Kurt Zouma's cat rather than a factory farm animal. Humans are weird when it comes to the things that outrage them.

You’re not coming back. Anyway, Zouma’s cat was likely to be treated worse than was shown on the video - it’s the sort of sadistic behaviour that invariably accelerates towards a grisly conclusion.  

5 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

The bit where he goes one-handed....

Haha i thought i remembered most of the jerk but dont remember that. Good excuse to watch it again I'd say.

9 hours ago, Belarus said:

Absolute bollocks. That video got posted in a WhatsApp group I’m in without any articles attached, and there was the appropriate level of anger at seeing a 90kg man terrorise, bully and beat and 5kg cat. There’s no misplaced anger or manipulation of people by the press here. People who reside just above selfish and cold hearted cunts would react to that. It was posted on social media wasnt it? The video was probably doing the rounds before the press got hold of it.

Manipulated by the press agenda because watching a fully grown man kick and slap a cat that was running away from him evokes anger? Have a fucking word.

There’s been videos I’ve been sent along similar lines, which have provoked the same reaction on social media even though the cunt isn’t famous, and it has almost always ended in some sort of retribution for the perpetrator.

Stop moving the conversation away and onto separate and wider issues around animal cruelty. Mention it, fine, but don’t use it as a reason to downplay the relevance of this. We saw it with our own fucking eyes - I didn’t read about this in the press. Telling me how I should and shouldn’t react to something like that. Here we go - you should be more upset about it, because someone who is ok with that is a cunt in my eyes.

Nobody is telling you how to react, I’m saying we are being treated like performing seals, fed a diet of trivial incidents to be outraged about for a day or so whilst the world turns to actual shit. It’s the opposite of beer and circuses but achieves the same outcome. The media give these upsetting but fundamentally inconsequential incidents prominence, people understandably engage on an emotional level  so more trivia gets given airtime and pushes out the bigger issues that aren’t easily condensed into a 30 second video clip.  

Watch Question Tine tonight and I bet this issue gets far more attention than the millions of people starving in Afghanistan. That can’t be right surely ? 

Anyway it looks like me and @Strontium are the minority on this, we’re the sulky seals at the back of the pool refusing to clap for fish so I’ll leave it at that. 

13 hours ago, Belarus said:

Manipulated by the press agenda because watching a fully grown man kick and slap a cat that was running away from him evokes anger? Have a fucking word.

Same fella who was downplaying the role of the media in shaping how people view politics. 

Cats however... 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, deiseach said:

The energy the usual suspects devote to derailing every thread never ceases to amaze.

Yeah, I hate to disrupt this Oxford Union-level debate.

Except you haven't explained how it's derailing the thread to discuss the topic at hand.

If this thread was called "Circle-Jerk for Moralising Hypocrites", then you would have a very good point, but it isn't. The topic is Kurt Zouma kicking his cat, and there is no onus upon any participant to adhere to any one opinion.

People whose bodies are graveyards for thousands of animals killed to sate their greed and bloodlust for flesh, yet you feel qualified to criticise someone for booting a cat?

You're Jeffrey Dahmer throwing shade at Stan Collymore.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

If he’d set a trap for a rat in the garden and killed it by breaking its back then leaving it to die in agony nobody would have given a fuck. People get outraged by cruelty to animals that have big eyes and behave like babies (affectionate, need care etc). I’m not condoning what he did but you need to do some quite convoluted mental gymnastics to get outraged by this whilst simultaneously eating a bacon sandwich. Either you care about cruelty to animals or you don’t, you can’t limit your outrage to how we treat the cute ones with big eyes that don’t taste nice cooked. 

Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charmin' Mutha fuckin' Rat, I mean he'd have to be ten times more charming than that Splinter from the Turtles, you know what am sayin' ?? 

• Upvote 4