You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kurt Zouma The cat kicker

dockers_strike

Should Zouma be suspended?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should Zouma be suspended from football for kicking his cat?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares?

59 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I agree that being needlessly cruel is vile but the entire animal processing industry is cruel. I’ve been to a lot of chicken farms and seen the industry close up.  Next time you have pork spare ribs or a lamb chop, try to work out the size of animal from the bones. Basically we are eating babies. I still do it but I know it’s cruel. 

No. There’s a very distinct difference between the humane as possible slaughter of an animal for food, and viciously abusing an animal for sport or because you’re in a mood. Which I’m sure you know.

Unless this is you trying to justify abusing your pets.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I get your point but if I saw someone kick a pig I'd still be annoyed even though I'd eat the cunt. Why be needlessly cruel. 

Hang on, it's been kicked, slaughtered then eaten and now you're calling it a cunt for good measure? Poor piggy

19 minutes ago, Belarus said:

If Buddhists are right, I’m not sure you will be reincarnated having downplayed or trivialised animal abuse.

There’s plenty of outrage at the mass production and treatment of animals - have you ever heard of veganism or vegetarianism? It’s quite big these days and a lot of it is borne from the belief that meat production is often cruel. What a strange point to try and make.

”WHY ARE YOU ALL ANGRY AT THAT SPECIFIC THING? THERE’S LOADS OF STUFF OVER HERE THAT YOU WERE ALREADY PROBABLY ANGRY AT, BUT I’M BRINGING IT INTO THIS SUBJECT FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON, AS IT IS ALMOST COMPLETELY UNRELATED”

It's the being reincarnated as something that's already alive that I find most fascinating 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Hang on, it's been kicked, slaughtered then eaten and now you're calling it a cunt for good measure? Poor piggy

It's the being reincarnated as something that's already alive that I find most fascinating 

You must be in the same boat as me with it mate - I’ve been back and read rule 1 again to sharpen my mind on it

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Should people who eat meat be allowed to mistreat animals so as not to look like hypocrites. We can talk hypocrisy double standards on millions of different things that contribute to making our way of lives comfortable it won't change the fact he shouldn't be kicking his cat and its not acceptable.

Should Vegans be allowed to kick a carrot to death without being judged?

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Should people who eat meat be allowed to mistreat animals so as not to look like hypocrites. We can talk hypocrisy double standards on millions of different things that contribute to making our way of lives comfortable it won't change the fact he shouldn't be kicking his cat and its not acceptable.

Why is it worse to kick an animal than it is to kill and eat it?

Would you rather be kicked, or would you rather be killed and eaten?

The lack of cultural awareness of some of these footballers and their entourage is truly amazing. Your brother takes home about 3 million a year for playing football in England and you think a video of him kicking a cat accross the room is a funny thing to put on social media.

• Upvote 1

I like the argument that you either eat meat so aren’t allowed to give a fuck about animals or you don’t eat meat so are allowed to give a fuck about animals. Points that are usually expressed using fancy electronic devices that god knows how much human suffering went in to to produce. You either care about everything or you care about nothing. There’s clearly no room in the huge gaping grey area in the middle.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Strontium said:

Why is it worst to kick an animal than it is to kill and eat it?

Why is it an arguement. Is it okay for someone from the special forces to punch a toddler in the face. I dont see why condemning someone for being abusive to a pet has to open up an arguement on the treatment of all animals across all the world by all the people. Its clear there's a lot of fucked up things, we aren't a very nice species and when you watch David Attenborough you'd be hard pressed to find any nice species it seems. All I see with this is a man being a prick and being called out on it. Yeah there's lots of hypocrisy I don't think I've lived a day in my life without seeing any.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Why is it worse to kick an animal than it is to kill and eat it?

There are absolutely no animals on the entire planet that kill and eat other animals.

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

There are absolutely no animals on the entire planet that kill and eat other animals.

There's certainly only one species that kills and eats other animals, and is a complete and utter hypocrite about it.

2 minutes ago, Strontium said:

There's certainly only one species that kills and eats other animals, and is a complete and utter hypocrite about it.

What would a crocodile have to do to become a hypocrite? Kick a bison in the bollocks?

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Truly a special talent to unironically make a thread about a guy kicking a cat, about how morally superior they are because they don't eat meat. Narcisism like you read about.

You really are a dickless wonder who hasn't got a clue what he's talking about.

It's OTHER PEOPLE claiming moral superiority which is the very thing I'm criticising. I have made no such claim about myself. Petty moralising is the opposite of what I'm about.

1 minute ago, Strontium said:

You really are a dickless wonder who hasn't got a clue what he's talking about.

It's OTHER PEOPLE claiming moral superiority which is the very thing I'm criticising. I have made no such claim about myself. Petty moralising is the opposite of what I'm about.

38 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Rule one, if you're going to criticise someone's point, at least take the effort to understand it first.

The overwhelming majority of people criticising Zouma are, unlike me, NOT vegetarians or vegans.

Now I personally don't care what people do or don't eat, but if someone is going to sit there scoffing a chicken that spent its entire six week life inside a tiny wire cage, while lambasting someone else who booted a cat that nevertheless survived its short trip across a polished floor unharmed, then you're goddamn right I'm going to pull them up for their double standards and hypocrisy.

Yeah, that wasn't a pat on the back to yourself. My bad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Find the nearest high horse, climb up onto its back, and pontificate about how awful Kurt Zouma is.

It’s you who strolled into this thread on your high horse. Entered heroically to point out people’s hypocrisy as they are involved in a discussion nobody was directing your way.

1FEA8800-6E6A-4448-93B7-E6B1FC0D14C5.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, that wasn't a pat on the back to yourself. My bad.

Correct. It was me mocking the suggestion that I didn't know what vegetarianism or veganism were.

If I was the superior moralist you seem to think I was, then I would be queueing up with the rest of you hypocrites to cast stones at Zouma.

• Downvote 1