You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kurt Zouma The cat kicker

dockers_strike

Should Zouma be suspended?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should Zouma be suspended from football for kicking his cat?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares?

27 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

It's not hypocritical as long as they don't comment on the inhumane treatment of animals.

Nobody would do that, would they?

20 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Agreed.

It is hypocritical..... but it's there for all to see and no amount of wriggling can get out of it. 

Cheese is ace, volleying cats isn't 

I don't have the time or energy to indulge in the never ending debates that seem popular on here, but for me it's an issue of responsibility.

As a guardian, you are responsible for giving your pet (cat, dog, whatever) the care, attention and love it needs. That is exactly where Zouma failed. He should be rightly criticized, and he deserves all the abuse he's getting for failing to live up to this responsibility.

I would expect the same abuse to anyone who mistreats wildlife or livestock as well, but you can't hold everyone accountable, or call them a hypocrite, simply because they eat meat. Wild animals and livestock are, unfortunately, not the same as pets.

• Upvote 5

46 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

@Strontium a simple yes or no, do you eat cheese? 

Well, as expected you've ignored my question so.... to save you the hassle of trying to 'wriggle' I'll quote this from you:

"It's a fair point, but I don't think I fully trust anyone who doesn't like cheese." 

Now I fully agree with your statement there, cheese is fucking ace. I will however point out the hypocrisy in you having your usual attention seeking 'contrary for the sake of it' pop at people for being outraged at one act of animal cruelty when they are 'fine' with other examples of animal cruelty. 

https://www.peta.org/features/cows-killed-cheese/

I'm not after an argument here fella, I'd just like to point out the hypocrisy from you as well. 

• Upvote 2

I'm sure at some point it will be badly explained to me how I've been a hypocrite, despite the fact that I never claimed to be any kind of moral paragon. I'm fully aware that surplus animals from the dairy industry become pet food; less clear is how me not eating cheese would reduce the need for animals to be killed for pet food, but I'm sure there'll be some dubious PETA propaganda incoming.

5 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I'm sure at some point it will be badly explained to me how I've been a hypocrite, despite the fact that I never claimed to be any kind of moral paragon. I'm fully aware that surplus animals from the dairy industry become pet food; less clear is how me not eating cheese would reduce the need for animals to be killed for pet food, but I'm sure there'll be some dubious PETA propaganda incoming.

I knew you'd question the integrity of PETA to satisfy your narcissism. It was Amnesty international last week. What's next week, Oxfam? 

Your hypocrisy here doesn't need explaining anymore. 

Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I knew you'd question the integrity of PETA to satisfy your narcissism. It was Amnesty international last week. What's next week, Oxfam? 

Editor's note: I did no such thing last week.

Sometimes I think Bjornebye has been straying into a strange parallel universe where the things he claims happen, actually did happen.

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Your hypocrisy here doesn't need explaining anymore. 

Thanks! 

eddie-hearn-oh-go.gif

"spent its entire six week life inside a tiny wire cage, while lambasting someone else who booted a cat that nevertheless survived its short trip across a polished floor unharmed, then you're goddamn right I'm going to pull them up for their double standards and hypocrisy."

https://metro.co.uk/2017/03/28/shocking-pictures-show-young-cows-crammed-into-cages-at-ms-dairy-farm-6538507/

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/dec/08/its-medieval-why-some-cows-are-still-living-most-of-their-lives-tied-up

https://www.sustainweb.org/news/dec17_parmesan_cheese/

Editors note: Is SD a massive hypocrite as well?

breaking-bad-walter-white.gif

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Strontium said:

Editor's note: I did no such thing last week.

Sometimes I think Bjornebye has been straying into a strange parallel universe where the things he claims happen, actually did happen.

Aah, nice focus on the technicality there. I accept, it might not have been last week.  

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Aah, nice focus on the technicality there. I accept, it might not have been last week.  

Indeed, it wasn't last week, or the week before, or ever.

Fellow bingo players: "Bjornebye makes false claims about SD" can be checked off your card.

• Upvote 1