You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kurt Zouma The cat kicker

dockers_strike

Should Zouma be suspended?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should Zouma be suspended from football for kicking his cat?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares?

52 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Ok, so we shouldn’t be outraged about an adult abusing a animal (and involving his child) because we eat meat

Is that closer? 

I took the point to be more that we should have more outrage: i.e. we should give a fuck about the animals that we pay to have mistreated on our behalf as well as other people's mistreated pets.

• Upvote 1

If he’d set a trap for a rat in the garden and killed it by breaking its back then leaving it to die in agony nobody would have given a fuck. People get outraged by cruelty to animals that have big eyes and behave like babies (affectionate, need care etc). I’m not condoning what he did but you need to do some quite convoluted mental gymnastics to get outraged by this whilst simultaneously eating a bacon sandwich. Either you care about cruelty to animals or you don’t, you can’t limit your outrage to how we treat the cute ones with big eyes that don’t taste nice cooked. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

If he’d set a trap for a rat in the garden and killed it by breaking its back then leaving it to die in agony nobody would have given a fuck. People get outraged by cruelty to animals that have big eyes and behave like babies (affectionate, need care etc). I’m not condoning what he did but you need to do some quite convoluted mental gymnastics to get outraged by this whilst simultaneously eating a bacon sandwich. Either you care about cruelty to animals or you don’t, you can’t limit your outrage to how we treat the cute ones with big eyes that don’t taste nice cooked. 

I get your point but if I saw someone kick a pig I'd still be annoyed even though I'd eat the cunt. Why be needlessly cruel. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

"West Ham footballer Kurt Zouma has been fined £250,000 - two weeks' wages - after footage emerged of him kicking his cat. "

May not be enough.

But a statement from Vitality said: “We were very distressed by the video we have seen of Kurt Zouma. At Vitality, we condemn animal cruelty and violence of any kind.

“We are hugely disappointed by the judgement subsequently shown by the club in response to this incident and as such, we are suspending our sponsorship of West Ham with immediate effect.

“We will now be further engaging with the club to understand what actions they will be taking to address the situation.”

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

I get your point but if I saw someone kick a pig I'd still be annoyed even though I'd eat the cunt. Why be needlessly cruel. 

I agree that being needlessly cruel is vile but the entire animal processing industry is cruel. I’ve been to a lot of chicken farms and seen the industry close up.  Next time you have pork spare ribs or a lamb chop, try to work out the size of animal from the bones. Basically we are eating babies. I still do it but I know it’s cruel. 

3 hours ago, Strontium said:

If Buddhists are right and I am going to be reincarnated, I reckon I'd take my chances as Kurt Zouma's cat rather than a factory farm animal. Humans are weird when it comes to the things that outrage them.

If Buddhists are right, I’m not sure you will be reincarnated having downplayed or trivialised animal abuse.

There’s plenty of outrage at the mass production and treatment of animals - have you ever heard of veganism or vegetarianism? It’s quite big these days and a lot of it is borne from the belief that meat production is often cruel. What a strange point to try and make.

”WHY ARE YOU ALL ANGRY AT THAT SPECIFIC THING? THERE’S LOADS OF STUFF OVER HERE THAT YOU WERE ALREADY PROBABLY ANGRY AT, BUT I’M BRINGING IT INTO THIS SUBJECT FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON, AS IT IS ALMOST COMPLETELY UNRELATED”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Belarus said:

If Buddhists are right, I’m not sure you will be reincarnated having downplayed or trivialised animal abuse.

There’s plenty of outrage at the mass production and treatment of animals - have you ever heard of veganism or vegetarianism? It’s quite big these days and a lot of it is borne from the belief that meat production is often cruel. What a strange point to try and make.

”WHY ARE YOU ALL ANGRY AT THAT SPECIFIC THING? THERE’S LOADS OF STUFF OVER HERE THAT YOU WERE ALREADY PROBABLY ANGRY AT, BUT I’M BRINGING IT INTO THIS SUBJECT FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON, AS IT IS ALMOST COMPLETELY UNRELATED”

Rule one, if you're going to criticise someone's point, at least take the effort to understand it first.

The overwhelming majority of people criticising Zouma are, unlike me, NOT vegetarians or vegans.

Now I personally don't care what people do or don't eat, but if someone is going to sit there scoffing a chicken that spent its entire six week life inside a tiny wire cage, while lambasting someone else who booted a cat that nevertheless survived its short trip across a polished floor unharmed, then you're goddamn right I'm going to pull them up for their double standards and hypocrisy.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Rule one, if you're going to criticise someone's point, at least take the effort to understand it first.

The overwhelming majority of people criticising Zouma are, unlike me, NOT vegetarians or vegans.

Now I personally don't care what people do or don't eat, but if someone is going to sit there scoffing a chicken that spent its entire six week life inside a tiny wire cage, while lambasting someone else who booted a cat that nevertheless survived its short trip across a polished floor unharmed, then you're goddamn right I'm going to pull them up for their double standards and hypocrisy.

“I saw my mate get slapped by her fella last night. I’m fuming and wondering what to do about it”

”What a hypocrite. OJ Simpson allegedly murdered his wife over 20 years ago and I don’t remember you mentioning that”

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Strontium said:

You're a weird cunt.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Strontium said:

You can get outraged about whatever you want, chief, and I will make whatever observations I want about it.

You could start an argument in an empty room.

2 minutes ago, Belarus said:

“I saw my mate get slapped by her fella last night. I’m fuming and wondering what to do about it”

”What a hypocrite. OJ Simpson allegedly murdered his wife over 20 years ago and I don’t remember you mentioning that”

Analogy only works if it's OJ Simpson complaining about someone getting slapped.