You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton or Newcastle?

Em City

Everton or Newcastle?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming only one can go down because life can only get so good, who do you choose to be relegated?

Everton.

But if Newcastle don't beat them tonight then I don't think there's any chance of Everton go down and I'm therefore all in on Newcastle going.

If Everton lose tonight they're in deep shit as I could see them panicking and then losing five of the next six or something to leave themselves right in it.

If Everton win tonight the pressure is off and they'll win enough points to stay up easily.

I think the Newcastle voters are doing so because of the Saudi thing.

I doubt anyone would even have to debate it with themselves if you took the ownership aspect away from it. 

For anyone who doesn't come into contact with Evertonians on a regular basis, this is actually a very good question as that takeover has muddied the waters.

Do we really want another Man City on our hands? Of course relegation won't stop that, but it would delay it a few years.

• Upvote 1

Would happily see them both go down. However relegation would delay Newcastle becoming a force, whereas the longer Everton circle the drain the worse it’ll be when they do sink. So I’m going to be pragmatic and go for the Toon. Plus Eddie Howe will surely revert to type and keep spending mega-bucks on our reserves for a promotion push next term. 

53 minutes ago, dave u said:

Everton.

But if Newcastle don't beat them tonight then I don't think there's any chance of Everton go down and I'm therefore all in on Newcastle going.

If Everton lose tonight they're in deep shit as I could see them panicking and then losing five of the next six or something to leave themselves right in it.

If Everton win tonight the pressure is off and they'll win enough points to stay up easily.

Plus they’ll throw the game against city at the pit. 

18 minutes ago, dave u said:

I doubt anyone would even have to debate it with themselves if you took the ownership aspect away from it. 

For anyone who doesn't come into contact with Evertonians on a regular basis, this is actually a very good question as that takeover has muddied the waters.

Do we really want another Man City on our hands? Of course relegation won't stop that, but it would delay it a few years.

I get the reasoning behind voting Newcastle, Just think the answer depends on where you’re from, people that mix with the bitter twats on a day to day basis & witness their behaviour, especially on Derby day might come to a different answer.

2 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Newcastle for me, i dont want to see Everton go down as apart from the many mates that are Blue there would be no derby twice a year, so i dont get why anyone would want that. 

Forever in a lowly league position would do me. 

Fuck them. I have family and close friends who follow the cunts. They’re the main reason Id be made up to see them drop.

I’ve seen us win the lot. I’d  enjoy that just as much.,

it would shut the cunts up forever 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Be boss getting them in the Milk Cup

I find it a bit odd the hatred football fans have for other teams, when you see them in the crowd gesturing and shouting whatever the wankers are shouting about. 

I still haven't heard the last of Hansens hand ball in the Milk Cup Final, 84?

8 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I find it a bit odd the hatred football fans have for other teams, when you see them in the crowd gesturing and shouting whatever the wankers are shouting about. 

I still haven't heard the last of Hansens hand ball in the Milk Cup Final, 84?

And Clive Thomas. But Liverpool fans go on about Van Dijk apparently.

1 hour ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

For those that have voted Newcastle…..Have you ever been to a Derby at Goodson? & Are you from the City? If the answer to both them questions is yes & you still voted Newcastle, words fail me. 

They get worse every single year. Winning a trophy won't make them less bitter either because the first thing they would think about is getting one over on us and all the ones who've been hiding under rocks for years will suddenly come out. Forget the fact they've been shit for 3 decades they will all be out in force. 

The last time they got to a final in 2009 there were people who hadn't mentioned that they liked football suddenly became the biggest Evertonians. They actually thought it was a massive achievement playing at the new Wembley before us even though they never got to play at Cardiff.

I mostly care about us winning. Everton will be zero threat to that in my lifetime (I'm 47 now). While I doubt Newcastle will do anything meaningful for the next few years, they are a far bigger threat, and going down would slow their project down quite a bit. They are also along with City, Psg and Chelsea making millions of proper football supporters fall out of love with this game.

Seeing the Mancs and Everton struggle is of course a huge bonus. With my neighbourhood being infested with Manc supporters, seeing them struggle for top4 actually gives me just as much joy as Everton struggling for relegation. To me our real rivalry is with the Mancs, Everton are simply an annoyance.

I understand those living in the City thinking differently though, especially with the shit they come out with during derby days/weeks.

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Newcastle are owned by the world's most nefarious terror state, that sways it for me.

I would love to see Everton go down but with their finances and footballing incompetence, I think it's inevitable they will drop eventually.

• Upvote 1