You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (H) - Thu 10th Feb 2022 (7:45pm)

Trumo

That's how the game should have gone at the King Power. We dominated again, and this time put the ball in the back of the net. What I liked most, other than Diogo's 2 goals, was that we got brighter in both halves when we sensed that Leicester needed a breather. It was even more telling in the second half once we made changes.

• Upvote 3

3 points, a win, 2 goals for Jota, a clean sheet and an impressive league debut for Luis. Tell you what, the boy looks good, doesnt he? He looked totally at home with the hurly burly of the Premier League and was a tad unlucky not to score.

Bobby looks done though even if he did have a decent drive at goal in the first half. Fabinho had a few loose balls in the first half as well and, it's a bit of a worry that if he misses his tackle and the ball goes past him, he's out of the game because he's no pace to get back.

To be honest, Im a bit disappointed we didnt rattle leicester who got rattled by forest at the weekend. Maybe Im a bit harsh but we just had Jota's wonderful strike in the first half and an equally good strike late in the 2nd half. The keeper got a hand to it but Jota hit it hard so it still went in.

Mo had a chance to score with a breakaway. The Kop howled for a pen when the chasing leicester player got back to put a heavy challenge in on Mo who was left on the deck as leicester broke up field. I couldnt tell from my seat down the other end whether Mo did get clattered or not but, VAR didnt think it a pen if they looked at it.

The ref was shite but not as bad as his lino on the SKD side of the pitch. Talk about late flags all night!

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Have no idea what the rules are on the flagging of obvious offsides. Sometimes they flag straight away , sometimes the action goes on and then they flag at a random point and sometimes they don't put it up at all.

It's crackers, Roger and seems to vary between different linos. Im ok-ish with lino's keeping their flag down when it's a very close call of onside \ offside and let VAR decide.

But, the lino on the SKD side of the pitch let every offside go until he got about a metre or two from the goal line, stuck his flag up then ran back to where the player was actually offside and did the hold the flag out level to indicate offside was 'here'! Totally baffling.

Defenders must have a very hard job because now, if they play the ball when the attacker is offside, some clowns will allow the attacker to go on and score and the goal stands!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I liked the bit where we did more goals than what they did.

That was nearly my favourite bit but was beaten by the bit where they did no goals. Even though the bit where Curtis Jones gave the ball away in deep midfield was not a great bit so far as them doing no goals. They could have used that bit to do a goal.

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

3 points, a win, 2 goals for Jota, a clean sheet and an impressive league debut for Luis. Tell you what, the boy looks good, doesnt he? He looked totally at home with the hurly burly of the Premier League and was a tad unlucky not to score.

Bobby looks done though even if he did have a decent drive at goal in the first half. Fabinho had a few loose balls in the first half as well and, it's a bit of a worry that if he misses his tackle and the ball goes past him, he's out of the game because he's no pace to get back.

To be honest, Im a bit disappointed we didnt rattle leicester who got rattled by forest at the weekend. Maybe Im a bit harsh but we just had Jota's wonderful strike in the first half and an equally good strike late in the 2nd half. The keeper got a hand to it but Jota hit it hard so it still went in.

Mo had a chance to score with a breakaway. The Kop howled for a pen when the chasing leicester player got back to put a heavy challenge in on Mo who was left on the deck as leicester broke up field. I couldnt tell from my seat down the other end whether Mo did get clattered or not but, VAR didnt think it a pen if they looked at it.

The ref was shite but not as bad as his lino on the SKD side of the pitch. Talk about late flags all night!

The arseholes on BT Sport said it couldn't be a peno as Mo got his shot off. Given that it was the same twat in the middle as the Nonce Derby last season, I'm at a loss as to why it was given when DCL got his shot away and then ran over Trent. The merest of glimpses at the screen was all Kavanagh needed to award the pen that day for the unnamed Premier League player to score.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, sir roger said:

Have no idea what the rules are on the flagging of obvious offsides. Sometimes they flag straight away , sometimes the action goes on and then they flag at a random point and sometimes they don't put it up at all.

It's a total load of bollox, at the rate they "don't put up the flag", it makes you wonder if they even need linesmen anymore. Just leave it to var. 

I'd rather they flag up, personally. But I can see the quandary the linos are in. 

What a welcome sight that was.

Fabinho and Thiago (both world class, no doubt about it)  absolutely dominating the midfield.

VVD (back to his best) and Matip absolutely dominating at the back.

Diaz, Bobby and Jota not giving their back 4 a second to breathe.

Robbo and Trent covering the entire flanks.

And Alisson cool as fuck, and there when needed.

The only downside to that was Bobby, who is surely done now with Diaz coming in.

Almost every attack (4 in total?) Leicester had started with his inability to control or hold on to the ball.

Diaz looks made for this league. You can already tell he'll be pure quality for us. And he's definitely got a bit of Suarez about him.

I don't agree we missed loads of chances. The only clear cut one we missed was Mo's one on one, which he could have moved onto his left foot quicker.

The other chances were made by our class and persistence 

This was classic title winning stuff:

- dominate possession 

- suffocate the opposition

- wear them down

- use your set pieces

- take one of your big chances

- give nothing away after that

- bring on added quality to kill the game off

• Upvote 5