You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Six Nations 2022

Bjornebye

4 hours ago, George Costanza said:

Eng v Ire game ruined already thanks to the ridiculous new rules.  The Ireland Italy game was a complete & utter farce & this will be again.  It'll be touch rugby within 10 years

As with VAR I don't think watching situations in slow-mo helps at all. These things happen in the blink of an eye in reality.

6 minutes ago, sir roger said:

As with VAR I don't think watching situations in slow-mo helps at all. These things happen in the blink of an eye in reality.

Its not just the slow motion replays.  It's the law itself and the stupid no mitigating circumstances bullshit.  If the RFU want to prevent head to head collisions then the only thing they can do is ban tackling full stop. Accidents will happen, players will get hurt but that is Rugby - these guys have been playing the game long enough to know the risks.  The santisation of the sport under the term of player wlefare has completely ruined it.  As long as there is physical contact there will always be a risk. The clean out of the ruck is far far more dangerous than a so called stand up tackle that may result in head-head collision. As is the choke tackle to try & hold up the player.  Do they genuinely expect a player running across the pitch to cover to be able to excute a pefect chest down tackle when an opponent comes at great speed on a reverse crossover run.  The only option would be to just let them run past and not tackle and what a fucking farce that would become.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Ruined the game as a spectacle but it was a deserved red.

Really terrible tackle... an international player should know better and have the right technique. Very poor

horseshit. Tackles like that have been going on for years & will continue to do so.  Accidental head collision made it a red card under current rules but similar tackles happen every game & every week. The rule is a farce & has killed the game of rugby

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

horseshit. Tackles like that have been going on for years & will continue to do so.  Accidental head collision made it a red card under current rules but similar tackles happen every game & every week. The rule is a farce & has killed the game of rugby

Yup, they have

Made a lot myself

Doesn't mean that they're not dangerous, though, as they clearly are

Seen some cracking games this 6N and not many of them have had red cards for this

Stop being hysterical

• Upvote 1

On 13/03/2022 at 01:05, George Costanza said:

What will genuinely kill the game of rugby (financially) is failure to take action to prevent life-limiting injuries. James Ryan has go see a neurologist as a result of this stuff. It's not sustainable. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, J-V said:

That’s top class from the Welsh player who won MOTM and gave it to the Italian lad who created the final try.

The finest show of genuine sportsmanship I’ve ever seen. I was choked watching that.

18 minutes ago, sir roger said:

England seem to be treading water under Jones. His scattergun approach to team selection and picking random feuds to alienate decent players means a decision has to be made whether he is the right man to take us to the World Cup 

I think Eddie Jones is a good for countries like Japan, Fiji, Samoa or Georgia, where they might be inspired by (or at least tolerate) his preening vanity. His record as head coach, in its entirety, is pretty mediocre. Lots of roles as a technical director but it seems that when given overall power he trips on it. England are not moving forward, and even seem to have regressed - we have some great talents playing robotic rugby because the main man stamps his negativity all over their play.

Sadly, it's all about him. Anytime he gets provided a new player of great potential he publicly breaks them down to prove he is the star, not them. Then all the pissing about with team selection, and playing players out of position. As you said above, it reeks of "I'm bigger than anyone - I'm a real maverick, me". 

• Upvote 1

Was reading yesterday about some new guy in a squad who arrived after the others into camp after having to drive straight from a later game. EJ asks him how he was feeling and he says he is knackered , so Eddie cuts him from the camp and has never picked him since.