You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Six Nations 2022

Bjornebye

10 hours ago, cloggypop said:

I have a Six Nations app on my phone reminding me of when the matches are on. This is purely to remind me not to go the pub by accident. 

Do they even televise it over there ?

With being the tallest nation in the world these days , Holland should be good at it.

Will be interesting to see if Wales have to play against 15 men for a change

Italy apart anyone can win it.  France/Ireland probably joint marginal favourites ahead of the other 3.  Maybe this year Scotland will turn those good/brave performances into wins, there's always one or two games they somehow find a way to lose. 

11 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Do they even televise it over there ?

With being the tallest nation in the world these days , Holland should be good at it.

We have BBC as part of normal cable TV and all the sports bars have Sky. 

The main barman in one of the sports pubs plays for the Dutch national team despite being South African so that one is very rugby friendly when it's on. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, cloggypop said:

I have a Six Nations app on my phone reminding me of when the matches are on. This is purely to remind me not to go the pub by accident. 

Been trying to figure out why my train is so packed and tickets were unusually expensive.

Just now, sir roger said:

Ireland battering Wales.

Playing really well ,and the ref is giving them everything as well.

Sexton's last conversion was hilarious , looked like it was heading to the corner flag then the wind caught it and it turned right anglesand went over.

Hahaha I couldn't believe when I saw the points go up I looked away because I thought the wales lad had put him off. Curler with the outside of the boot. 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha I couldn't believe when I saw the points go up I looked away because I thought the wales lad had put him off. Curler with the outside of the boot. 

Did a similar thing for the next conversion too. 

32 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Thought I answered earlier, Ireland. Most those players were absolutely flying in the European cup games over the last few weeks.

They've made easy work of Wales there. Being away at England and France could be the pain. 

18 hours ago, cloggypop said:

I was out in Edinburgh last night, went to a soul night. Not a rugby bummer to be seen thank fuck. They'd be in in all the shite pubs with their dress shirts & crap shoes on.

39 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I think the time has come to revert back to the five nations. Its over 6 seasons since Italy won a game, enough is enough now.

I disagree, they need to increase the tournament to more teams. 6 is a daft size for a competition, 8 would be best - 2 groups of 4 with top 2 progressing from each group to the semis. Get Georgia and Argentina in maybe

5 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I disagree, they need to increase the tournament to more teams. 6 is a daft size for a competition, 8 would be best - 2 groups of 4 with top 2 progressing from each group to the semis. Get Georgia and Argentina in maybe

Argentina are in the 4 nations in the southern hemisphere mate, and the likes of Georgia would be just as uncompetitive as Italy. It's a shame, nice idea to bring them in but it's not worked.

49 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Argentina are in the 4 nations in the southern hemisphere mate, and the likes of Georgia would be just as uncompetitive as Italy. It's a shame, nice idea to bring them in but it's not worked.

There would be a lot more money and interest in Argentina in the 6 nations (probably, I know fuck all about rugby to be honest) just show them the dollar. If we boot Italy, it just compounds their uncompetitiveness, I think it will take years for them to get up to the required level, besides I think England are the only one of the 6 nations to never lose to Italy in the competition.

Just 6 nations and the possibility of winning it on a bonus point sucks camel dick.