You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

I think replacing Mane with the right player will be really hard.

Jokes aside on the proper number 9 stuff, when you look at someone like Lewandowski, for example, Bayern basically have everyone in the team looking to create chances for him, which is not really our style. Would we get the best out of someone like Lewandowski, I'm not sure. Maybe it is time for that, though. 

23 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

As it looks likely that Mane will be replaced as a like for like I'm really looking forward to see who we bring in and how Klopp develops the squad and team .

Let's face it our recruitment since Klopp came in in the main has been pretty impressive 

I'm not so sure we get another attacker in. Diaz was supposed to be a summer signing, Carvalho has already come in too. 

Hope I am wrong, obviously. 

6 hours ago, Strontium said:

I was thinking about the treble we won in 2001, and how we were outclassed in the FA Cup final by Arsenal, but still won thanks to two clinical strikes. That's what we need. Someone who is adept at putting the ball in the back of the net.

I don't disagree, but in the longer term, following Klopp's logic concerning focussing on the fine margins, if we have throw-in coaches, improved corner-taking routines, penalty shoot-out guidance, etc we really ought to have some serious sessions on shooting technique for the whole team. 

I haven't checked the stats but there were too many games last season where we created huge numbers of chances and wasted them. It didn't matter too often, but sometimes it did and it will, and then, even if you do have one lethal fiinisher, history tells us they're sometimes crocked late in the season when you need them for finals, and that's when you need the rest to step up.

Take Keita. There is no way his shooting should be so flaky. Yes, a couple have flown into the net, but he does things with shots that are simply not necessary and you can't excuse because of lack of time etc etc. 

That shot in the final: the problem wasn't that he snatched at it. He had the time and space. The problem was he was going for a specific kind of technical shot when the situation surely begged for a low-risk strong drive on target. Instead, as he so often does, he tried to put some 'swaz' on it and made an horrendous mess of an absolutely crucial chance.

Curtis Jones is too often guilty of similar things. So, even more so, is Hendo. I mean, yes, sometimes the ball comes at the wrong height and you're forced to shoot leaning back, but when you lean back as often as he does, often when there's time not to, something isn't right.

That's more, I think, down to thinking than not thinking - bad decisions. They are all capable of phenomenal shots on their day, but in terms of percentages they waste far too many chances. Presumably Pep will work on it because you need to improve the whole team at that, you can't just accept it and bring in one player who copes better in such situations. Not if you're going to fight for most stuff all season long.

The Sadio news is really awkward because i’d 100% be looking to move Bobby on but then we have the situation with Mo as well. Replacing 1 is okay, 2 is tricky but 3 is a piss take.

I’d like a proper number 9 who scores loads of goals and isn’t just good at pressing and a midfielder who can score from long range.

We were better when firmino came on, he's shown glimpses of his old self recently.  When he doesn't play everything is too static, nobody is linking play and you have the midfield playing it back and forward between themselves waiting for runners, and forwards standing still waiting for a pass so they can turn around to face 3 defenders and try to take them on singlehandedly.  I guess what I'm rambling on about is that we need a firmino revival or a player of his ilk.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, fungus said:

We were better when firmino came on, he's shown glimpses of his old self recently.  When he doesn't play everything is too static, nobody is linking play and you have the midfield playing it back and forward between themselves waiting for runners, and forwards standing still waiting for a pass so they can turn around to face 3 defenders and try to take them on singlehandedly.  I guess what I'm rambling on about is that we need a firmino revival or a player of his ilk.

Some quick midfielders who have the ability to break into the box, beyond our forwards, would be a thing of beauty.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Sane would be great. What’s his injury record like these days?

I think he is a lovely footballer and i think he'd love playing for Klopp.

Played 44 and 45 games for Bayern in his 2 seasons.

Good age as well - still only 26.

Richarlison is someone I'd look at to replace Sadio. He can play left wing and CF, has the added bonus of knowing the league, some of the players and won't even need to move. I'd go as far as arranging a medical and then fucking him out a window.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, No2 said:

Richarlison is someone I'd look at to replace Sadio. He can play left wing and CF, has the added bonus of knowing the league, some of the players and won't even need to move. I'd go as far as arranging a medical and then fucking him out a window.

You had me worried there...

8 hours ago, No2 said:

You want to fuck him?

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

No, no. He wants to fuck him out of the window. It's not gay if you're defenestrating somebody whilst fucking them. That's actually totally normal. In many ways, you're the weird one for even questioning it. 

Fuck him out the window? Like trousers down, leaning over the window ledge so everyone can see the fuck faces and hear the arse slaps?

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Fuck him out the window? Like trousers down, leaning over the window ledge so everyone can see the fuck faces and hear the arse slaps?

Bumming whilst falling through a window. What are you not getting here, mate? This is standard stuff. Stop shaming him. 

11 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Bumming whilst falling through a window. What are you not getting here, mate? This is standard stuff. Stop shaming him. 

So both tumbling through the air mid bumming? I can’t see the appeal personally but it’ll sure get in the Darwin awards.