You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

1 minute ago, mike23 said:

Jesus, that bloody shot from the edge of the box with 10 minutes left when he had all the time in the world. Can't really blame him for tonight when he only came on as a late sub but also just frustrating that he can't ever have even 1 big moment in an important game. Unfortunately, I think due to lack of interest in him from other clubs (at least at the sort of fee we'd be looking for), I think he'll end up with him signing a new contract and we'll be stuck with him underwhelming us for years to come. 

There's interest in Ox and he's real shite we'd be able to sell Naby.

34 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Not arsed to be honest, we seriously need to restructure our attack

We don't know what the club thinks, but there's likely propriatary information that says that if you have forwards like the profile we get, you end up scoring more goals than if you get a more traditional striker.

But it's true that in finals and one off games, there's probably something to be said about having someone who can just put the ball in the net with minimal chances. We win the xG tonight and some would say that makes us unlucky, but if you don't score in 3 finals, maybe you do need a different element. It's to be seen.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

We don't know what the club thinks, but there's likely propriatary information that says that if you have forwards like the profile we get, you end up scoring more goals than if you get a more traditional striker.

But it's true that in finals and one off games, there's probably something to be said about having someone who can just put the ball in the net with minimal chances. We win the xG tonight and some would say that makes us unlucky, but if you don't score in 3 finals, maybe you do need a different element. It's to be seen.

Yeah good post. Be nice to be able to bring on someone of that calibre alright in games like that tonight 

1 minute ago, J-V said:

There's interest in Ox and he's real shite we'd be able to sell Naby.

I think there would be interest but not for the sort of fee we'd want. We seem to be pretty rigid in setting valuations for squad players, and if those valuations aren't met then we seem to choose to instead keep them here as part of the squad.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's a compliment to Klopp that LFC face low block teams in major games, let's admit that.  But thats also a backhanded compliment because they fancy their chances of scoring against us.

2 minutes ago, mike23 said:

I think there would be interest but not for the sort of fee we'd want. We seem to be pretty rigid in setting valuations for squad players, and if those valuations aren't met then we seem to choose to instead keep them here as part of the squad.

Genuinely think Chamberlain and Keita would struggle to win a contract anywhere. Horrendous “footballers”  unless it was a pay if you do “anything whatsoever “ kind of gig

5 minutes ago, mike23 said:

We either take whatever we can, give him a new contract or he goes for free at the end of next Season.  He's not worth a new contract so just get rid.  Same with Mo he's not worth the ridiculous money he wants so get rid.  Don't the Geordies want a Marque signing in MO for £100million.

I feel so gutted about tonight. I could take a defeat easy, for me alarm bells rang massively after that wolves game the team looked completely spent, but the stuff before the game just killed it for me and all the shit that will go with it regardless of what actually happened has just left me so flat it’s horrid.

In this post truth world been feeling a real groundswell with attitude towards Hillsborough over the past few years, the man city stuff in the semi isn’t in isolation and tonight will just add more fuel. Just get this sense of utter desperation for the type of trouble we saw tonight to justify their hatred of this club and it’s fans. I think so lowly of way too many that there was a sense of glee at the possibility of it developing into something more serious to score the points they so crave so bad.

The bile and hatred that has come with the recent success has just killed my enthusiasm for this sport, but at the same time cannot completely let go and move on.

Really hope it’s just an overreaction in the moment, but wow it feels shit right now. Would have rather been stuffed 3-0 fair and square.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Welcome to the club Andre.

That performance isn't reason to rip anything up and start again. Play that game 10 times and we probably win 7, it would be 9 if Fab and Thiago hadn't picked up injuries. We played well, not brilliant but not shite. Diaz and Trent got caught out by some antics but overall we played our game, created 6 or 7 good chances and only gave up 2. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Welcome to the club Andre.

I've never been against it per se, obviously, but our best team was Mané-Firmino-Salah. Our way works for us, the results spoke for themselves. But when you can't score in numerous big games, you might have to think about another solution. 

10 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

What's to stop this groundhog Day at every big game? 

What changes?

I think Trent is a major issue in big games. He can't defend and do what we want him to do in the top half.  

That goal started from our left, playing our best left back would help.  Bar keeping Vinicius onside which should not have even been a chance in the first place Trent defended well.  

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Are Modric, Kroos and Casemiro mobile? That's rhetorical, by the way.

They have good positional sense so don't need to be. Hendo most of the time doesn't get near anyone, and when Thiago does its almost always cos he's lunging in so there's no point even if he gets the ball.

About his passing...his long passing seem to be a bit hit and miss. Over hit a couple of easy ones today by miles

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I've never been against it per se, obviously. Our best team was Mané-Firmino-Salah. Our way works for us. But when you can't score in numerous big games, you might have to think about another solution. 

Maybe I'm in a minority, but I don't understand why this three hardly features any more. Those were the best times I've had following this football club and Klopp seems to have given up on it. I hope Bobby plays more next season, and again, I appreciate this may put me in a minority.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Carra_is_legend said:

Did you watch the game today? 

Yeah everytime madrid put a few passes together the midfield was all over the place and easily bypassed. It happened early in Klopps reign but then he sorted it and now it's resurfaced again

• Downvote 1