You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

10 hours ago, Mil-ing Around said:

But Kieta doesn't do enough. He a good game in the cup final but today I hardly remember him touching the ball. 

He just can't get close enough to players to make a tackle either, because he's slow and physically weak. Our midfield had huge gaps today, and he's part of that midfield. 

I read somewhere we didn't beat another top 4 team this season, that isn't because of our attack or defence. We need to upgrade/replace a few of them and Kieta has had plenty of chances now. We can win another title or two under Klopp if we sign two high quality, mobile midfielders. That will make the difference in those big games because all the other pieces are in place.

Completely agree with this, the lad is our 3rd most expensive signing of all time and offers incredibly little, I think he is out of his depth physically in the premier league, the Thiago loss for Saturday is a huge problem and midfield is an area we really need to reinforce in the summer if we are going to have another tilt at the cup competitions (given City are likely to spend their way to the title again).

There also seem to be a billion twitter/social media weirdos who absolutely love Keita and I really don't understand why.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

Completely agree with this, the lad is our 3rd most expensive signing of all time and offers incredibly little, I think he is out of his depth physically in the premier league, the Thiago loss for Saturday is a huge problem and midfield is an area we really need to reinforce in the summer if we are going to have another tilt at the cup competitions (given City are likely to spend their way to the title again).

There also seem to be a billion twitter/social media weirdos who absolutely love Keita and I really don't understand why.

He's been a massive disappointment of a signing.

Although he's been a lot better the second half of the season it's obviously a very low bar. It's such a shame as those youtube videos of him when in Germany looked excellent.

We need to sell him but probably won't because of the fee we paid for him. Plus Klopp seems loyal to him when Keita does very little to repay that loyalty. 

I doubt we would get more than £25m for him. Him and Ox need to be sold. 

Thiago may be injury prone but he offers a lot when he is fit. 

3 hours ago, Arnaud said:

I’ve just read that indeed. It’s inside an article about F Perez and his plans after the M’Bappé’s fiasco. 

Real are desperate to get Tchouameni but he has reached personal agreements with us and his preference is to come to Liverpool.

In another article though, PSG are said to want him too and it’s part of the deal with M’Bappé.

And L’Equipe says Monaco want 100 M€ ….

Don’t shoot the messenger ….

It says €80m here. 

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

Would he get in ahead of Fab, Thiago and Hendo? I doubt it. 

You'd have to question why we'd go and target a player, desperately wanted by Madrid, costing 100m, and he's not good enough to get ahead of Hendo and we don't think he's a starter. Still, if you doubt it then that's good enough for me. He's dogshit.

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You'd have to question why we'd go and target a player, desperately wanted by Madrid, costing 100m, and he's not good enough to get ahead of Hendo and we don't think he's a starter. Still, if you doubt it then that's good enough for me. He's dogshit.

He looks a real solid midfielder, and he’s a nice size to him but he doesn’t look not fantastic going forward so if we play him in Hendo’s role as the right sided CM, I don’t see how it would improve us going forward. I don’t watch Ligue 1 so I’m basing my view on YouTube videos and @3 Stacks‘s  comments. Here’s one.

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

He looks a real solid midfielder, and he’s a nice size to him but he doesn’t look not fantastic going forward so if we play him in Hendo’s role as the right sided CM, I don’t see how it would improve us going forward. I don’t watch Ligue 1 so I’m basing my view on YouTube videos and @3 Stacks‘s  comments. Here’s one.

This doesn’t really have much to do with anything said previously. You’d think we’d play him if we targeted him and paid 100m for him. I dunno. I’m not part of the recruitment team. They seem to know what’s up. 

3 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

You might see more variations on a double pivot with 4 up top (either in a 3+1 or a 2 wide + 2 upfront) if we sign someone like Tchouameni.

That's true and it makes more sense. Especially if we keep 5 starting 11 quality forwards. 

19 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

This doesn’t really have much to do with anything said previously. You’d think we’d play him if we targeted him and paid 100m for him. I dunno. I’m not part of the recruitment team. They seem to know what’s up. 

He doesn’t look as capable as Hendo going forward, so you’d think he’d make us worse offensively if we play him in his place. You believe we would play him before Hendo in that attacking right sided CM role, I’m telling you that I’m not convinced that we should, based on videos I’ve seen of his. He’s certainly not getting in the team ahead of Fabinho or Thiago. 

9 minutes ago, aRdja said:

From the videos, he doesn’t look as capable as Hendo going forward, so he’d make us worse offensively if we play him in his place. You think we would play him before Hendo in that attacking right sided CM role, I’m saying I’m not convinced that we should based on videos I’ve seen of his.

We usually see at least one major tactical tweak each summer so I wouldn't cling too dearly to a specific role in the team.

This year it seemed like the Elliot/Trent/Salah triangle to create overloads on the right hand side was going to be a thing but it largely died with Elliot's injury.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

We usually see at least one major tactical tweak each summer so I wouldn't cling too dearly to a specific role in the team.

This year it seemed like the Elliot/Trent/Salah triangle to create overloads on the right hand side was going to be a thing but it largely died with Elliot's injury.

Yeah that’s a fair challenge. 

40 minutes ago, aRdja said:

You believe we would play him before Hendo in that attacking right sided CM role

I had to stop there. I draw the line at people telling me what I believe, especially when it’s made up. I said nothing about where he would play. 

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I had to stop there. I draw the line at people telling me what I believe, especially when it’s made up. I said nothing about where he would play. 

I might have misinterpreted your original response then. Could you please clarify the below post?

3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said: