Jump to content
AngryOfTuebrook

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

Melissa Reddy saying Liverpool are very interested in signing Darwin Nunez. He's apparent turned down the Mancs and Newcastle because he wants Champions League football and wants to play in the Premier league. 

Isn't the quote doing the rounds today from a video from a month or so ago?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've just seen a rumour that we could swap Ox for Jarrod Bowen. Frankly, these days we could swap him for Jim Bowen and think we'd struck a good deal.

Was reading about Bowen earlier funnily enough...decent analysis of him here:

 

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/premier-league-2021-22-jarrod-bowen-at-west-ham-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Melissa Reddy saying Liverpool are very interested in signing Darwin Nunez. He's apparent turned down the Mancs and Newcastle because he wants Champions League football and wants to play in the Premier league. 


Been reading that’s a rehash of a story she wrote when we played them in the CL. 
 

Shame, I like him. I like him a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's paid more than he's worth to any team. Brilliant but not that brilliant no player is. Klopp on the other hand who can change a team from nothing to 3 European finals in 5 years.... priceless.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've just seen a rumour that we could swap Ox for Jarrod Bowen. Frankly, these days we could swap him for Jim Bowen and think we'd struck a good deal.

I'd take Jarrod Rebecchi for him.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

It's weird how PSG have all the money in the world, a bunch of star players, yet they've somehow made the managerial position look like one of the least appealing in football.

Sounds like they’re appointing Mbappe as head coach.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've just seen a rumour that we could swap Ox for Jarrod Bowen. Frankly, these days we could swap him for Jim Bowen and think we'd struck a good deal.

Right, smashing, super.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

It's weird how PSG have all the money in the world, a bunch of star players, yet they've somehow made the managerial position look like one of the least appealing in football.

How do they manage FFP in possibly the shittest least watched league in European football. Its almost like the suits in top flight football want a slice of the money  its corrupt and ruined  like every aspect of life... greed 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How do they manage FFP in possibly the shittest least watched league in European football. Its almost like the suits in top flight football want a slice of the money  its corrupt and ruined  like every aspect of life... greed 

£1million a week for MBappe, is the number doing the rounds. Absolutely disgusting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How do they manage FFP in possibly the shittest least watched league in European football. Its almost like the suits in top flight football want a slice of the money  its corrupt and ruined  like every aspect of life... greed 

From Wiki:

Nasser bin Ghanim Al-Khelaifi koni (Arabic: ناصر بن غانم الخليفي; born 12 November 1973) is a Qatari businessman and the chairman of beIN Media Group,[1] chairman of Qatar Sports Investments,[2] president of Paris Saint-Germain and the Qatar Tennis Federation, and vice president of the Asian Tennis Federation for West Asia.[3]

Al-Khelaifi is the president and chief executive officer of Paris Saint-Germain in France. He is also a member of the organizing committee for the FIFA Club World Cup,[4] and has been elected as the chairman of the European Club Association (ECA).

 

The Qataris are both financing European football with their beIN broadcasting deal and running European football through Al-Khelaifi’s position as chairman of the ECA. The modern game is beyond fucked.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

From Wiki:

Nasser bin Ghanim Al-Khelaifi koni (Arabic: ناصر بن غانم الخليفي; born 12 November 1973) is a Qatari businessman and the chairman of beIN Media Group,[1] chairman of Qatar Sports Investments,[2] president of Paris Saint-Germain and the Qatar Tennis Federation, and vice president of the Asian Tennis Federation for West Asia.[3]

Al-Khelaifi is the president and chief executive officer of Paris Saint-Germain in France. He is also a member of the organizing committee for the FIFA Club World Cup,[4] and has been elected as the chairman of the European Club Association (ECA).

 

The Qataris are both financing European football with their beIN broadcasting deal and running European football through Al-Khelaifi’s position as chairman of the ECA. The modern game is beyond fucked.


This. The oilstate sportswashers do whatever they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

It’s all a load of bollocks like. But, that

La Liga statement is hilarious.

 

”How dare you ask your player to sign a new contract!” 

To be fair, they have at least highlighted how psg are reporting financial losses yet van afford to pay out extortionate wages. They also mentioned their dodgy sponsorship deals to. 

 

But its funny how Real only mention this now, when for once they're not the ones buying a galactico. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

It’s all a load of bollocks like. But, that

La Liga statement is hilarious.

 

”How dare you ask your player to sign a new contract!” 

its more the faux outrage when everyone knows they aint got no power there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chrisbonnie said:

To be fair, they have at least highlighted how psg are reporting financial losses yet van afford to pay out extortionate wages. They also mentioned their dodgy sponsorship deals to. 

 

But its funny how Real only mention this now, when for once they're not the ones buying a galactico. 

 

 

And they're arguably doing more than most leagues to enforce elements of financial fair play and cost control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×