You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

10 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

He does this then disappears for a few hours

or just doesn’t acknowledge it. Top class troll is Indy.

He’s definitely a troll. Some of the little digs he was giving to Spurs, the mancs & The Ev after we signed Diaz were funny. 

On 02/02/2022 at 23:01, Captain Turdseye said:

Sort Salah out, buy Bellingham, win the league. 

Bellingham, Elliot & (insert dead good DM) has the potential to be the best midfield in the league for 10 years. 

What makes you think Bellingham is the one mate? I’m wary of Bundesliga imports these days; as we’ve seen quite a number of high profile flops of late; Sancho, Werner, Keita, etc. 

7 hours ago, aRdja said:

What makes you think Bellingham is the one mate? I’m wary of Bundesliga imports these days; as we’ve seen quite a number of high profile flops of late; Sancho, Werner, Keita, etc. 

Looked very good every time I’ve seen him. Even in internationals, which are generally shite. 

Gets all over the pitch, good in tight spots, can dribble, scores goals and is potentially a mainstay in the team for at least 10 years. I think Klopp can turn him into something even more special. Takes one of the homegrown spots too. 

• Upvote 1

I know I posted the original picture, but I have caveated it that I don’t take Indy Kaila seriously, the guy is clearly a WUM, some of his subtle digs at other clubs (“Rodriguez has told Diaz where is good for Columbian food and warned him of The Ev supporters”) are funny. 

The joke is anybody who does take him seriously.

29 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Looked very good every time I’ve seen him. Even in internationals, which are generally shite. 

Gets all over the pitch, good in tight spots, can dribble, scores goals and is potentially a mainstay in the team for at least 10 years. I think Klopp can turn him into something even more special. Takes one of the homegrown spots too. 

This is why I don’t get some posters saying it’s not a good deal or good value for money. 

Throwing rough numbers out here, but if we sign Bellingham for £80m and he plays for us until he’s 30, that’s £7.3m per season.

VVD signed in 2018 and his current deal runs until 2025. So VVD is costing us £10.7m per season. 

Alisson signed in 2018 and his current deal runs until 2027 - he is costing us £7.2m per season. 

If we’re sure Bellingham is the player for us and we’re prepared to pay the amount Dortmund want for him, then IMO it is a value for money.

Unless some are now saying VVD & Alisson aren’t value for money? 

I fully appreciate it’s a lot of money on a player not fully proven, you could also say the say the same or VVD & Alisson. 

If Klopp and the back room staff are 100% sure on him and we can afford him, I think we should go for it. 

20 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I think VVD was proven Scott. He was the best CH in the league at the time of signing. I agree that Alisson was not.

He played in a few CL group games for Celtic and wasn’t an international until he signed for Southampton. 

If, for example, we’d have spent £75m on Ramos, to me, that’s the level the most expensive defender of all time (at the time) should have. 

We took a big risk on VVD but we held out for him because Klopp and the staff were so sure of him and it paid off so handsomely nobody is arsed at the fee, to be honest, we ripped off Southampton at “only” £75m.

I’ve no idea what or who Klopp or the staff think should be our #1 priority in midfield in the summer. If the club think Bellingham can have the same impact and longevity of VVD or Alisson, then we should be looking to make it happen. 

54 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

This is why I don’t get some posters saying it’s not a good deal or good value for money. 

Throwing rough numbers out here, but if we sign Bellingham for £80m and he plays for us until he’s 30, that’s £7.3m per season.

VVD signed in 2018 and his current deal runs until 2025. So VVD is costing us £10.7m per season. 

Alisson signed in 2018 and his current deal runs until 2027 - he is costing us £7.2m per season. 

If we’re sure Bellingham is the player for us and we’re prepared to pay the amount Dortmund want for him, then IMO it is a value for money.

Unless some are now saying VVD & Alisson aren’t value for money? 

I fully appreciate it’s a lot of money on a player not fully proven, you could also say the say the same or VVD & Alisson. 

If Klopp and the back room staff are 100% sure on him and we can afford him, I think we should go for it. 

The problem with that argument is you're assuming Bellingham will have the same impact as Alisson or Van Dijk. What if he gets a bad injury when he arrives and ends up a crock? What if he can't handle the Premier League?

Alisson was one of the best keepers in the world when we signed him and Van Dijk was (by far) the best centre back in the league - hence the reason we paid an insane £75m for a defender at the time. Bellingham isn't even the best midfielder in his own team. There are two players currently outperforming him. He's not bossing the Bundesliga. He's just a solid player that people overrate because he's English and because he's still very young.

Declan Rice has been a solid player for West Ham for three seasons. This season he's gone up a level. He is one of the top 20 players in the whole league. He's 23 years old and he is carrying West Ham to a potential Champions League qualification - which is crazy when you think about it. What makes Bellingham a better player than Declan Rice? Seeing that he's playing in a far inferior league, and isn't carrying Dortmund to the same extent.

8 minutes ago, Boss said:

The problem with that argument is you're assuming Bellingham will have the same impact as Alisson or Van Dijk. What if he gets a bad injury when he arrives and ends up a crock? What if he can't handle the Premier League?

Alisson was one of the best keepers in the world when we signed him and Van Dijk was (by far) the best centre back in the league - hence the reason we paid an insane £75m for a defender at the time. Bellingham isn't even the best midfielder in his own team. There are two players currently outperforming him. He's not bossing the Bundesliga. He's just a solid player that people overrate because he's English and because he's still very young.

Declan Rice has been a solid player for West Ham for three seasons. This season he's gone up a level. He is one of the top 20 players in the whole league. He's 23 years old and he is carrying West Ham to a potential Champions League qualification - which is crazy when you think about it. What makes Bellingham a better player than Declan Rice? Seeing that he's playing in a far inferior league, and isn't carrying Dortmund to the same extent.

I think I’ve caveated all my comments on Bellingham saying if Klopp and staff think he’ll make as big an impact and if they are 100% sure on him, then we should do it.

If they are sure and we can afford it, then we go for it. If they aren’t sure, then we shouldn’t. 

I’ve already commented on VVD in response as to ARdja. Alisson had only played 120 games for us, only 37 for Roma, before we paid a world record fee. 

Both of those signings were significant risks at the time. Neither player had really justified a world record fee but Klopp and team were sure of them, hence why we went all out for them. If they feel the same on Bellingham, we should class him as the same.

11 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I think I’ve caveated all my comments on Bellingham saying if Klopp and staff think he’ll make as big an impact and if they are 100% sure on him, then we should do it.

If they are sure and we can afford it, then we go for it. If they aren’t sure, then we shouldn’t. 

I’ve already commented on VVD in response as to ARdja. Alisson had only played 120 games for us, only 37 for Roma, before we paid a world record fee. 

Both of those signings were significant risks at the time. Neither player had really justified a world record fee but Klopp and team were sure of them, hence why we went all out for them. If they feel the same on Bellingham, we should class him as the same.

I don't think they were risks. Both of them were one of the top 5 best players (in their position) in the world. Arguably Alisson was number one and Van Dik was top three. Bellingham isn't even in the top 30 best midfielders in the world. It's not even in the same ballpark as far as comparisons go. Buying someone like Joshua Kimmich for £80m would be comparable to Van Dijk and Alisson.

Bellingham has shown nothing. He's not considered one of the best in the world. He's not running the show for Dortmund like Sancho was - and he's been a massive flop. He wasn't scoring a goal a game like Werner was - who's also been a massive flop. Just a solid player, nothing more. Haaland is going for £63m and he's scored a goal a game in the Champions League and the league for two straight seasons. Bellingham for £80m+ is terrible value for money.