You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

19 hours ago, Em City said:

We should be all over that Darwin Nunez. 

He'd be the next step in our forward lines evolution...

Anyway, I like him. Didn't really notice him in Lisbon, can only remember the goal and him throwing himself on the floor for a penalty when VVD took it off him.

He looked very good last night. Big lad, pace, some quality finishes.... even that one Alisson saved towards the end was a quality effort. 

As for posters saying could he do it against packed defences, well, Diaz came from the same league and has settled in Ok hasn't he. 

I do agree with other posters though that midfield should be first and second priority in the summer. However, if we know we'll have significant funds (HA!) to cover all positions, I wouldn't be against signing this lad.

5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Nunez is at 65% in Portugal and 57% in the Champions League. It's rudimentary, but you can take from that that Benfica go mega direct and or, he's not currently suited to possession play. It would be a change for him. Our forwards are all much higher than that. 

I’d never heard of him till last night. Seeing rumours that he’s getting touted round for €80m in the summer. Cant see us paying that for him 

Declan Rice has turned into a player of real quality. Always in the right position to pick up the ball and never looks panicked. 

The difference between him and Henderson whose regressed back to the old days of being nervous wreck with the ball at his feet and his back to play is eye opening. 

No way will we pay what Wham want but if we did, I’d go for him before Bellingham.

I would say the way his stock has risen has driven him well out of our options for the summer. No way we are paying 60ml plus for a player not to be a certain selection for the first 11. If Bobby or Mane go, and i think the club would rather let them leave on a free(especially Bobby) then i think it'll be another in the 40/50ml range. 

A change in the midfield is a must, not sure who the right player is though. I can't see the club paying the Bellingham fee and im not even sure he is worth it either. We need a proper box to box player and Henderson hasn't looked the same player since he signed his new deal,Nabby has always flattered to deceive and Milner legs have gone. Ox well he just needs to go for himself as much as anything. A big year for Curtis coming up as he will need to really step up or get a year elsewhere. 

42 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

All players who are either Portuguese or play in Portugal are though.

The complete opposite of the sound locals you meet in Portugal on holiday.

Jota, thankfully, doesn't seem to be too bad on that score. Got more than a bit of Bellamy about him. The "you need a bit of that" type of cuntery. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I agree that midfield is the priority.

The only exception would be if we sold Mane or Salah this summer, which I could see happening. In that case, forget Nunes or any other big-money moves, the one we need is Nkunku. His statistics are pretty much in line with Salah's from his last year at Roma, and he's just turned 24. Going to be a star.

19 hours ago, CapeRed said:

Would love an attacking mf personally . Somebody is happy to have a crack at goal from 20 yards out but can also create. No idea who it might be though.

Trent?
Buy a decent RB who’s a bit more solid defensively and would cost less than a midfielder might.

Use the difference in money to add to the budget for a new striker if either of Mo or Sadio leave.

15 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I’d be happy with this. Most likely using our name to make Dortmund complete the deal though. 

3E617045-ED00-44B0-8648-1CF6D478B489.png

Bayern Munich have entered the bidding war.

14 hours ago, Red74 said:

Declan Rice has turned into a player of real quality. Always in the right position to pick up the ball and never looks panicked. 

The difference between him and Henderson whose regressed back to the old days of being nervous wreck with the ball at his feet and his back to play is eye opening. 

No way will we pay what Wham want but if we did, I’d go for him before Bellingham.

Good call. He could fill in as a centre half too in the event of an injury crisis.