You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

57 minutes ago, J-V said:

Dirk Kuyt is the only player I've seen look shit on a youtube compilation.

Worst compilation ever was Lazar Markovic. It was 13 minutes of Markovic getting tackled and losing the ball. Not one positive thing on it.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Tielemans could be one of those with the potential to massively improve under Klopp and in a better side. Like Jota and Wijnaldum, they were far from superstars until we signed them. 

He's the one I really don't want. 

I've only watched him closely a few times and he was lazy as fuck tracking runners. He was a major reason that Leicester bottled that top 4 finish last year, the midfield runners ran off him all game. 

12 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He's the one I really don't want. 

I've only watched him closely a few times and he was lazy as fuck tracking runners. He was a major reason that Leicester bottled that top 4 finish last year, the midfield runners ran off him all game. 

That game against Spurs the other week where he gave the ball straight back cheaply from the kick-off, allowing them to score the winner in added time on top of injury time was an absolute shocker. 

I’d want him sold if he’d done that here. 

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Worst compilation ever was Lazar Markovic. It was 13 minutes of Markovic getting tackled and losing the ball. Not one positive thing on it.

Mark Gonzalez was in this category as well.

His compilation featured a suspicious amount of those edits where the clip shows him skinning a player to run down the wing ... and then cuts off before he plays the ball. I suspect that Adama Traore's Youtube highlights define the genre in this category.

• Upvote 2

Mel Reddy has an article, for whatever that's worth, saying the next step is to "substantially strengthen the midfield". I'd say that probably means Carvalho, who could be used in an Elliott-esque role as an offensive #8 and one other player, maybe more of a workhorse, box to box type. Probably in the same 30-50m price range we normally go for. Unless there are big sales, I doubt much more will be done. 

9 minutes ago, J-V said:

What a shock a dog shit player being fucked off for being shit.

If you didn’t want us to sign him and trusted the decision makers at the club to make the right decision, then You’re an FSG shill who gives John Henry blowies.

24 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Mel Reddy has an article, for whatever that's worth, saying the next step is to "substantially strengthen the midfield". I'd say that probably means Carvalho, who could be used in an Elliott-esque role as an offensive #8 and one other player, maybe more of a workhorse, box to box type. Probably in the same 30-50m price range we normally go for. Unless there are big sales, I doubt much more will be done. 

Think the plan is Tchouameni. I wouldn't pay too much attention to Monaco trying to hike the price. 

14 minutes ago, Boss said:

Think the plan is Tchouameni. I wouldn't pay too much attention to Monaco trying to hike the price. 

Maybe for the right price. But I think our interest in someone like Carvalho does indicate we may want to get someone more defensive alongside, like Tchouameni. At least, the chances of getting another more attacking midfielder is lower.